Topics

Announcement: changes coming to Joseph Lee's add-on documentation

Hello everyone,

The following announcement is applicable if you use any of my add-ons (Add-on Updater, Control Usage Assistant, Enhanced Touch Gestures, GoldWave, Object Location Tones, Resource Monitor, StationPlaylist, Windows 10 App Essentials):

A series of changes were introduced to one of the tools used for packaging NVDA add-ons. In particular, these changes will have an impact on all community add-ons, including mine, as it changes aspects of add-on documentation (readme pages):

  • Add-on documentation is now HTML5-based. Everything else should stay the same.
  • Documentation title will now reflect the actual add-on version you are using instead of pointing to a distant version in the past. This will be most noticeable for people using development snapshots of StationPlaylist and Windows 10 App Essentials (development builds for these add-ons are released frequently).

These changes will be rolling out in stages, beginning with development snapshots for StationPlaylist and Windows 10 App Essentials scheduled for this weekend, ending with version 20.06 of all my add-ons (for stable channel subscribers), scheduled for late May or early June.

Cheers,

Joseph