From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Quentin Christensen
Sent: Thursday, May 7, 2020 5:08 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] new suggestion

If someone can articulate a good use case for this, feel free to write up an issue at:  https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues

Quentin.

On Fri, May 8, 2020 at 7:11 AM Andre Fisher <andrefisher729@...> wrote:

Hi.

I realised after I sent it. It's exactly the same

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Quentin Christensen

If someone can articulate a good use case for this, feel free to write up an issue at:  https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues

Quentin.

On Fri, May 8, 2020 at 7:11 AM Andre Fisher <andrefisher729@...> wrote:
Hi.

I realised after I sent it. It's exactly the same

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Andre Fisher

Hi.

I realised after I sent it. It's exactly the same

Luke Davis

On Thu, 7 May 2020, Andre Fisher wrote:

I'd argue that this is a feature request and not a fix, as NVDA is behaving as it should, for consistency. However, I believe that this request stems from
some links being after bulleted and numbered lists.
Isn't that pretty much what I said? :)
Or, at least, I asked the OP if that was the reason.

Luke

Andre Fisher

Edited

Hi.

Is it something like this? When browsing the web, and possibly in Word, the user would want NVDA to focus on the text that would appear after a bullet or number in a list, rather than on the bullet or number itself. For example, on the words "Home" and "Edit" in the list below:

2. Edit

I'd argue that this is a feature request and not a fix, as NVDA is behaving as it should, for consistency. However, I believe that this request stems from some links being after bulleted and numbered lists.

Personally, I don't mind the current behaviour. As stated before, it's consistent, and if I see a link in a bulleted or numbered list that I'd wanna click, I automatically just press the K key followed by Enter to activate it. This also works if the link is in the middle of the line.

Luke Davis

Is the main reason you want this, because of links that appear in lists, and you want to jump right to the start of the link when you enter the list item?

Luke

On Thu, 7 May 2020, bhanu computer wrote:

hi all i dont know this iss write place to give suggestions or not. but developers in next release please include this small fix.
when we are in bulleted lists please add like the curser should move to the main items it means it should move the curser to the list item. you know what i
mean, it should not focus  bullet is should focus to after the bullet.. it means say we have
• ListItem then the focus should not bee on • is should move focus to the ListItem. hope you understude _._,_._,_

bhanu computer