From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of seb naudet
Sent: Freitag, 8. Mai 2020 21:12
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Remote Relay server

Hello list,

i'd like to run my own relay server, does someone know where to find a compiled one for windows?

i've been to the GitHub page of remote relay server, but, if possible, i'd prefer to avoid compiling step.

any idea where to find the server and a simple guide?

thank you

seb naudet

Hello,

thank you, do i need to install pithon  or something else?

i've tried to start  the service with  the command :

NVDARemoteServer start

it says starting service and error access denied.

there is two folders for 64 version, which one do i choose?

few more infos would be very helpfull to start :)

    best regards

Le 08/05/2020 à 21:53, Ralf Kefferpuetz a écrit :
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7ubtwx5elgfta2y/NVDA_Remote_Servers.zip?dl=0
I think I got them from github end of last year including the compiled versions.

Cheers,
Ralf

i'd like to run my own relay server, does someone know where to find a compiled one for windows?

i've been to the GitHub page of remote relay server, but, if possible, i'd prefer to avoid compiling step.

any idea where to find the server and a simple guide?

thank you

.

Ryan Mann

I am not the original poster, but maybe you are getting an access denied error because it needs to be ran as an administrator. I would suggest running command prompt or power shell as an administrator then run the server from their. If you are running Windows 10, do the folloing to run power shell as an administrator:
Press Windows key and the letter x at the same time.
Down arrow to power shell admin.
press Enter.
Press alt y when the user access control box comes up.

On May 8, 2020, at 4:49 PM, seb naudet <sebnaudet@...> wrote:

[...]

Hi,

i've found the right way to start the server.

using service_manager.cmd as administrator.

server is working and i can connect my computers.

    thank you

Le 09/05/2020 à 03:45, Ryan Mann a écrit :
[...]

Robert Doc Wright godfearer

may i ask the purpose of a relay server?
******
If we don't take time to think before we speak we may find ourselves in a situation where our speech becomes a bit stinky!

I think I got them from github end of last year including the compiled versions.

Cheers,
Ralf

i'd like to run my own relay server, does someone know where to find a compiled one for windows?

i've been to the GitHub page of remote relay server, but, if possible, i'd prefer to avoid compiling step.

any idea where to find the server and a simple guide?

thank you

seb naudet

Hi Robert,

i need to controle several computers on a lan.

local server offers better speed, stability, security.

relay servers like nvdaremote.com are often laggy and not very reliable.

    cheers

abdul muhamin

Hi, the link is not working

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

I think I got them from github end of last year including the compiled versions.

Cheers,

  Ralf

i'd like to run my own relay server, does someone know where to find a compiled one for windows?

i've been to the GitHub  page of remote relay server, but, if possible, i'd prefer to avoid compiling step.

any idea where to find the server and a simple guide?

     thank you

George McCoy

Hi Ralf,

When I click the link, I get a 404 page not found message.  Is it still available?

Many thanks,

George

On 5/8/2020 2:53 PM, Ralf Kefferpuetz wrote:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7ubtwx5elgfta2y/NVDA_Remote_Servers.zip?dl=0
I think I got them from github end of last year including the compiled versions.

Cheers,
Ralf

i'd like to run my own relay server, does someone know where to find a compiled one for windows?

i've been to the GitHub page of remote relay server, but, if possible, i'd prefer to avoid compiling step.

any idea where to find the server and a simple guide?

thank you

Jonathan Milam

Hi,

There is a precompiled server for windows here:

https://github.com/jmdaweb/NVDARemoteServer/releases/download/release-1.6/NVDARemoteServer-win-1.6-x64.zip

Extract this to any location of your choosing. Inside the folder, right
click service manager.cmd and run it as administrator. Here is where you can
select to install the service, run it at startup, among other self
explanatory features.

Another good idea is to run the NVDA remote certificate.cmd file, again as
administrator, to create your own SSL certificate for your remote server.

Jonathan

i'd like to run my own relay server, does someone know where to find a
compiled one for windows?

i've been to the GitHub page of remote relay server, but, if possible, i'd
prefer to avoid compiling step.

any idea where to find the server and a simple guide?

thank you

seb naudet

Hello Jonathan and Ralph,

thank you for links and little help.

server works great and now i understand better github pages.

    seb

Le 11/05/2020 à 21:23, Jonathan Milam a écrit :
[...]

Again I ask. what is the purpose of a relay server?
******
If we don't take time to think before we speak we may find ourselves in a situation where our speech becomes a bit stinky!

i'd like to run my own relay server, does someone know where to find a
compiled one for windows?

i've been to the GitHub page of remote relay server, but, if possible, i'd
prefer to avoid compiling step.

any idea where to find the server and a simple guide?

thank you

Jonathan Milam

Hi Robert,

People have different benefits of running a remote server, some because they're managing a sizable internal network. However, a couple of years ago, nvdaremote.com was quite often offline, and the remote access was a necessity for the work I was doing at the time, so I couldn't aford to not have access for long periods of time.

Jonathan

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jonathan Milam" <milamj@...>

i'd like to run my own relay server, does someone know where to find a
compiled one for windows?

i've been to the GitHub page of remote relay server, but, if possible, i'd
prefer to avoid compiling step.

any idea where to find the server and a simple guide?

thank you

George McCoy

Many thanks, Jonathan.

George

On 5/11/2020 2:23 PM, Jonathan Milam wrote:
[...]

The relay server is the host that you log into when setting up a remote connection.  It would be your own version of nvdaremote.com.

Hth,

George