Topics

did this site change over night?

On Sun, May 10, 2020 at 04:13 PM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:
This link is for sales related support ONLY!
And if the problem is with their sales website, and it is, then that's who to contact.

I get what they're saying about technical support issues with the range of products and makers they sell.  But you can't consider a flaw in their web presence for sales as anything besides sales related.  If they do, then, well, if you can avoid them for further business then I would.

Sarah k Alawami

And the pot (I mean plot) thickens. Now I remember why I had trouble contacting them. I forgot that they don't actually have a tech support area. In fact it says on their contact page

"This link is for sales related support ONLY! For technical related support you must contact the support of your product directly, you can find the address listed in the respective product page." Not going to work if I'm having trouble with their website. I just sent something to their sales team and I know they will complain at me, but the good thing is this. I did link them to NVDa, again, so we'll see if they can nudge the right people, again.

Thanks., and let's hope I do not have to ask for help about this for a long long time to come. Let's just hope that somethingn good happens.

On 9 May 2020, at 13:07, Brian Vogel wrote:

Yes, it did, and the idiots that redid the site used an unlabeled button, with the icon of an abstract person's head and shoulders, as the account button.  What's even weirder is that once I click on it, and expand it, I can't seem to enter in to the expanded fields, which include where you enter your e-mail address and password.

I remember playing with this site not long ago when you were asking about it then, and I know that button was a text button labeled, "Account."

Just FYI, if I start using the b shortcut, it's the second button.  The first reads "clickable button" and is the search button.  The second, which reads simply "button" is the account button.

Sarah k Alawami

Actually these guys are just resellers of a lot of products. Bu tyeah I'm willing to try one more time.

Take care

On 10 May 2020, at 12:35, Brian Vogel wrote:

Sarah,

            I know what you mean.  But, where money is involved and there are sales to be lost, sometimes a nudge is all it takes.  There's very little point in not extending minimal effort (and labeling buttons is about as minimal as it comes) to retain even a small market segment.  And using the, "I can't buy from you since this change," angle is well worth doing.  If they won't make things accessible on principle, they may if losing money is involved.   And, in the end, the underlying motivation is not relevant, the end result is.

Sarah,

            I know what you mean.  But, where money is involved and there are sales to be lost, sometimes a nudge is all it takes.  There's very little point in not extending minimal effort (and labeling buttons is about as minimal as it comes) to retain even a small market segment.  And using the, "I can't buy from you since this change," angle is well worth doing.  If they won't make things accessible on principle, they may if losing money is involved.   And, in the end, the underlying motivation is not relevant, the end result is.

Sarah k Alawami

I have contacted them in the past, but you can probably guess where that went. Many of these developers in this community of flight simulation really don't care and just want the money, and some have secondary jobs, so if they lose out or go broke it doesn't matter to them. Some are willing to help but most are not. I will try again with these guys.

On 10 May 2020, at 11:02, Brian Vogel wrote:

On Sun, May 10, 2020 at 01:54 PM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:
I'm not happy that they changed the site
And I hope you've written to their support expressing this displeasure (as well as telling them that they need to include labels on all buttons, whether said labels are presented visually or not).

I instantly understood what's going on, as the convention they used is, well, a common convention.  It's what they omitted in terms of making that common convention accessible, which is usually part and parcel of it, that's really inexcusable in this day and age.

On Sun, May 10, 2020 at 01:54 PM, Sarah k Alawami wrote:
I'm not happy that they changed the site
And I hope you've written to their support expressing this displeasure (as well as telling them that they need to include labels on all buttons, whether said labels are presented visually or not).

I instantly understood what's going on, as the convention they used is, well, a common convention.  It's what they omitted in terms of making that common convention accessible, which is usually part and parcel of it, that's really inexcusable in this day and age.

Sarah k Alawami

I actually figured it out, sort of. You have to go up to access the fields and everything. Actually it is my boyfriend who took the time to figure it out as he is also a blind pilot, but a very patient one. I'm not happy that they changed the site but I got the stuff I needed yesterday and can now install it.

It's good to know I'm not going crazy, but who knows when they will change the site, and why they did this in the first place is beyond us.

On 9 May 2020, at 13:07, Brian Vogel wrote:

Yes, it did, and the idiots that redid the site used an unlabeled button, with the icon of an abstract person's head and shoulders, as the account button.  What's even weirder is that once I click on it, and expand it, I can't seem to enter in to the expanded fields, which include where you enter your e-mail address and password.

I remember playing with this site not long ago when you were asking about it then, and I know that button was a text button labeled, "Account."

Just FYI, if I start using the b shortcut, it's the second button.  The first reads "clickable button" and is the search button.  The second, which reads simply "button" is the account button.

Jackie

Sarah & Brian--I don't know if this would be helpful or not--& from
your description, Brian, it sounds like not--but sometimes I have been
able to determine what buttons represent by using Win10 OCR. It's
always worth a try.

Yes, it did, and the idiots that redid the site used an unlabeled button,
with the icon of an abstract person's head and shoulders, as the account
button.  What's even weirder is that once I click on it, and expand it, I
can't seem to enter in to the expanded fields, which include where you enter
your e-mail address and password.

I remember playing with this site not long ago when you were asking about it
then, and I know that button was a text button labeled, "Account."

Just FYI, if I start using the b shortcut, it's the second button.  The
first reads "clickable button" and is the search button.  The second, which
reads simply "button" is the account button.

*Science has become just another voice in the room; it has lost its
platform.  Now, you simply declare your own truth.*

~ Dr. Paul A. Offit, in New York Times article, How Anti-Vaccine Sentiment
Took Hold in the United States (
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/23/health/anti-vaccination-movement-us.html
) , September 23, 2019

Yes, it did, and the idiots that redid the site used an unlabeled button, with the icon of an abstract person's head and shoulders, as the account button.  What's even weirder is that once I click on it, and expand it, I can't seem to enter in to the expanded fields, which include where you enter your e-mail address and password.

I remember playing with this site not long ago when you were asking about it then, and I know that button was a text button labeled, "Account."

Just FYI, if I start using the b shortcut, it's the second button.  The first reads "clickable button" and is the search button.  The second, which reads simply "button" is the account button.

Sarah k Alawami

Hello to all. I was trying to log onto http://simmarket.com and I cannot for the life of me find the button labeled as "account" that was there last week. I bought some stuff from there, and now cannot get it. This is crazy! Can someone please give me a hand, and no clapping please. lol! I'm using brave and edge, and both show the same thing. Using nvda 2020 what ever was released to the public a few days ago.

Take care to all, and have a happy Saturday.