From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jonathan Milam
Sent: Wednesday, May 13, 2020 8:39 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] TripleTalk and 2019.3.1

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone knew of plans to have a TripleTalk USB add-on
created that will work with the latest version of NVDA? One was created
for 2019.2, but obviously no longer works with the new version. If not, is
there contact information for the original developer?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Jonathan Milam

I think it really would be helpful, as many of us still have these
synthes.

Jonathan

Thanks for asking this question. I am hoping there will be an add-on for
Tripple talk also.

I was wondering if anyone knew of plans to have a TripleTalk USB add-on
created that will work with the latest version of NVDA? One was created
for 2019.2, but obviously no longer works with the new version. If not,
is
there contact information for the original developer?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Charles Adkins

I am also hoping for an add-on for the dectalk usb syn. I use NVDA in a broadcast environment and it sure is helpful to have an external syn to work with.

On May 14, 2020, at 9:30 AM, Jonathan Milam <milamj@wfu.edu> wrote:

I think it really would be helpful, as many of us still have these
synthes.

Jonathan
Thanks for asking this question. I am hoping there will be an add-on for
Tripple talk also.

I was wondering if anyone knew of plans to have a TripleTalk USB add-on
created that will work with the latest version of NVDA? One was created
for 2019.2, but obviously no longer works with the new version. If not,
is
there contact information for the original developer?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Josh Kennedy

hi
Why not buy a USB sound card, and then set NVDA to speak through the sound card so that way the speech will not interfere with whatever you are using the main sound card for?

Jonathan Milam

That’s certainly an option, but since we already have the hardware…