Are Unikey and Sogou accessible?

Marco Oros

Hello.

I have questions to two different languages, Chinese and Vietnamese.

So, are the Unikey (for Vietnamese) and Sogou Pinyin (for Chinese) accessible for the blind and how they works?

Thank You.

Marco Oros

Hi Marco Oros

I'm Cuong from Vietnam, and I'll share info about UniKey program.

First, the correct spelling for Vietnamese typing Program is UniKey, not Unikey.
FYI, the program is quite accessible, and it usually set to start automatically when Windows start. Almost its settings just do once, then blind, or sighted people just turn on there computer and type Vietnamese as anytime. This require NVDA users to turn off the Handle keys from other applications option in keyboard settings.
Cuong

On 5/14/2020 11:25 PM, Marco Oros wrote:
Hello.

I have questions to two different languages, Chinese and Vietnamese.

So, are the Unikey (for Vietnamese) and Sogou Pinyin (for Chinese) accessible for the blind and how they works?

Thank You.

Marco Oros

Marco Oros

Handle keys?

What are handle keys?

Đặng Mạnh Cường
Chuyên viên công nghệ trợ giúp
Trung tâm hướng nghiệp và công nghệ trợ giúp cho người mù Sao Mai
52/22 Huỳnh Thiện Lộc, P. Hòa Thạnh, Q. Tân Phú, TP. HCM
Điện thoại: 028-7302-4488
E-mail: tech@...
Website: http://www.trungtamsaomai.org; http://www.saomaicenter.org
Điện thoại di động / Zalo: 0902-572-300
E-mail: dangmanhcuong@...; cuong@...
Skype: dangmanhcuong
Read user guide, part 12.1.8. Keyboard

On 5/15/2020 1:33 AM, Marco Oros wrote:
Handle keys?

What are handle keys?

Marco Oros

I don't understand this message.

Sorry for the mistake.

Please open NVDA user guide, then read section
12.1.8. Keyboard (NVDA+control+k), you'll understand the handle key more clearer then my explaination
Cuong