Topics

Need tips and tricks on the use of Google Docs with NVDA

Ibrahim Abedrabbo

Hi Folks,

I will be forced to use Google Docs as one of my distant instruction tools. I have never used google docs before. How accessible is Google Docs with NVDA?

I hope those of you who have used Google Docs with NVDA would share their experience with me and give me some tricks and tips and works around to use it effectively.

Regards,

Ibrahim

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=Using+Google+Docs+with+a+screen+reader

Then start reading.  There is a ton of information out there on using Google Docs with screen readers, whether NVDA or other.

David Moore

Google Docs is very accessible with NVDA. I use Docs a lot, to produce well formatted documents. If you use Google’s commands to navigate, you will have a great experience. Let me know what you need help with.

Ishant Rajput <ishantrajput11@...>

On Sun, 17 May, 2020, 8:16 am Ibrahim Abedrabbo, <abedrabboibrahim@...> wrote:

Hi Folks,

I will be forced to use Google Docs as one of my distant instruction tools. I have never used google docs before. How accessible is Google Docs with NVDA?

I hope those of you who have used Google Docs with NVDA would share their experience with me and give me some tricks and tips and works around to use it effectively.

Regards,

Ibrahim

Kerryn Gunness

yu can also try

hi
from accessibility central
Using NVDA with Google programs by Roger Benz
The following NVDA Youtube tutorials are courtesy of Roger Benz from Google. They cover Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Sheets and Google Slides. To listen to these tutorials, please click on the link following each of the titles below:
Switch to the new Google Drive using a screen reader https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBDxYOR7CFY&feature=youtu.be
Getting started with Google Drive using a screen reader https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDaZgDXBsWI&feature=youtu.be
Getting started with Google Docs using a screen reader https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPzSAqhHqQk&feature=youtu.be
Getting started with Google Sheets using a screen reader https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCYT63b_m88&feature=youtu.be
Getting started with Google Slides using a screen reader https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWZVQ-vldEk&feature=youtu.be

On 3/15/2020 4:17 AM, Kerryn Gunness via Groups.Io wrote:
nvda and google docs, sheets drive etc
all google apps
can nvda work with them?
where do i get the tutorial
thanks

Ibrahim Abedrabbo

Hi David,

I have two questions for you. First, from your experience, which browser is more reliable with Google Docs, Google Chrome or Fire Fox? Second, I am following the AFB tutorial to learn how to use google docs with Fire Fox, and it says that by hitting control alt z will enable or disable screen reader support, However, When I press control alt z, I get no feedback to know if the screen reader support is toggled on or off. What do you think I am doing wrong?

Cheers,

Ibrahim