Chrome

Rayn Darren

Hi group,

Forgive me if this has been asked already, but how do I turn the voice off for chrome? It’s interfering with NVDA and causing me no end of trouble.

Thanks,

Rayn

Robert Mendoza

Hi, Rayn

Let me understand your concern here. I assume you are referring to the Chrome Box extension installed to your Chrome. If, yes you may opt to disable or rather to uninstall for your choice. here is the few steps for more quicker for steppeing and configure your extension in Chrome.
Typically when I’ve uninstalled a Google Chrome Extension I’ve done it by typing chrome://extensions in the Google address bar. Alternatively, you can use the browser’s Customize and Control settings page. The process is easy as you would expect if the extension shows

Robert Mendoza.

On 12/6/2017 8:52 AM, Rayn Darren wrote:

Hi group,

Forgive me if this has been asked already, but how do I turn the voice off for chrome? It’s interfering with NVDA and causing me no end of trouble.

Thanks,

Rayn

Rayn Darren

Hi Robert,

Thank you so very much! It’s al gone now and you sir are a life saver!

[...]

David Griffith

If this is possible via a key toggle I too would dearly  like to know.

As far as I can tell the key toggle only exists  on chrome OS for some reason and you have to< I thinkg  go into chrome tools  and extensions menu and from there disable chrome Vox from there.

I really hope that somebody tells me that I am wrong however.

David Griffith

My Blind Access and Guide dog Blog
http://dgriffithblog.wordpress.com/
My Blind hammer Blog

Forgive me if this has been asked already, but how do I turn the voice off for chrome? It’s interfering with NVDA and causing me no end of trouble.

Thanks,

Rayn

Sally Kiebdaj

In Windows and Mac OSX systems running chrome and the chromevox extension, the hotkey for disabling chromevox is Chromevox+a+a where the Chromevox keys are the modifiers that precede all commands for that extension.

On windows the default Chromevox keys are alt+shift.

Hence, to disable Chromevox extension you would press alt+shift+a+a.

The same keystrokes will reenable Chromevox.

If this is not what you were looking for, please let me know.

Thank you,

Sally

On 12/6/2017 1:34 PM, David Griffith wrote:

If this is possible via a key toggle I too would dearly  like to know.

As far as I can tell the key toggle only exists  on chrome OS for some reason and you have to< I thinkg  go into chrome tools  and extensions menu and from there disable chrome Vox from there.

I really hope that somebody tells me that I am wrong however.

David Griffith

My Blind Access and Guide dog Blog
http://dgriffithblog.wordpress.com/
My Blind hammer Blog

Forgive me if this has been asked already, but how do I turn the voice off for chrome? It’s interfering with NVDA and causing me no end of trouble.

Thanks,

Rayn

David Griffith

Many thanks for this.

It is probably my hearing but when I tried to look up this command  through keyboard help it seemed to say  Chrome Vox plus a plus o.

This obviously did not work.

However Chrome vox plus a plus a does do the trick nicely.

My Blind Access and Guide dog Blog
http://dgriffithblog.wordpress.com/
My Blind hammer Blog

Forgive me if this has been asked already, but how do I turn the voice off for chrome? It’s interfering with NVDA and causing me no end of trouble.

Thanks,

Rayn

Sally Kiebdaj

Glad it helped! I find having that screen reader a keystroke away is sometimes helpful for providing a different take on a webpage or control that seems funny.

Cheers,
Sally

On 12/7/2017 8:20 AM, David Griffith wrote:

Many thanks for this.

It is probably my hearing but when I tried to look up this command  through keyboard help it seemed to say  Chrome Vox plus a plus o.

This obviously did not work.

However Chrome vox plus a plus a does do the trick nicely.

My Blind Access and Guide dog Blog
http://dgriffithblog.wordpress.com/
My Blind hammer Blog

Forgive me if this has been asked already, but how do I turn the voice off for chrome? It’s interfering with NVDA and causing me no end of trouble.

Thanks,

Rayn

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

As below..
a=GO7X1oryhqFMJYRI0Kk6fQ==:117 a=GO7X1oryhqFMJYRI0Kk6fQ==:17
a=x7bEGLp0ZPQA:10 a=V4OjAYq-jKYA:10 a=-uNXE31MpBQA:10 a=5jOYV7BQAAAA:8
a=uBoU0qH8AAAA:8 a=_6GpL_ENAAAA:8 a=7S_go_YfFPjlttUXmZUA:9 a=QEXdDO2ut3YA:10
a=yMhMjlubAAAA:8 a=SSmOFEACAAAA:8 a=pGLkceISAAAA:8 a=xjGz-wBMAAAA:8
a=NwRkjSFHAAAA:8 a=heSTpm6CAAAA:8 a=at1CKlGxAAAA:8 a=3j4BkbkPAAAA:8
a=b01i9L7eAAAA:8 a=orAJx_n2msOL6F5OiIYA:9 a=RgP2s0IWdzUVgHEi:21
a=gKO2Hq4RSVkA:10 a=UiCQ7L4-1S4A:10 a=hTZeC7Yk6K0A:10 a=frz4AuCg-hUA:10
a=PQ1yIO_tsl8A:10 a=uCtenggh-78A:10 a=E1VlFly8NScA:10 a=6lZCAavDyEwA:10
a=ZR7hY0wOYhwA:10 a=e3wm5Yygu-IA:10 a=HSc_A1uije0A:10 a=U-BiMScZtF0A:10
a=_A5uDk3SP40A:10 a=_lf-n_pLQasA:10 a=ylA4m_8ALzUA:10 a=NunUT6xpdNMA:10
a=CIXiEa_ZX5MuLzX_EgwM:22 a=Q12cydDSkuFprSPdE2u7:22 a=dmbvPvuLAiAwK5y7oBu2:22
a=HQKHAYoSk2y57tvUOwIm:22 a=K9Ad3G4xe6FK8OwzMQOP:22 a=VKfhQiuSGVEkFgujotEv:22
a=AUFnskwVHZd_LqJdu0aW:22
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
From: "David Griffith" <daj.griffith@gmail.com>

Brian