From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Robert Mendoza
Sent: Tuesday, December 5, 2017 5:24 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Emoticon is not readable in the latest master snapshot

I tested the NVDA version master-14687,6aa892b3 it does not read the Emoticon, but when I checked to review the pasted copy it was there. Does anyone experiencing this or to replicate the issue. Thanks.

Robert Mendoza

Robert Mendoza

Hi, Joseph,

I often use just eSpeak ng all the time. Never had or installed either other speech into my device.

Robert Mendoza

On 12/6/2017 9:30 AM, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi,
What synthesizer are you using?
Cheers,
Joseph

I tested the NVDA version master-14687,6aa892b3 it does not read the Emoticon, but when I checked to review the pasted copy it was there. Does anyone experiencing this or to replicate the issue. Thanks.

Robert Mendoza

Hi,
There were issues with Espeak NG and emoji announcement where Espeak crashes while speaking certain emojis in some languages. Unfortunately, this means Espeak cannot read emojis anymore, but I'm sure there will be a workaround for it.