Topics

problem with nvda chrome and pressing enter on items

Jonathan Nadeau

Not really sure what happened there. I reset a few things and everything is fine now. I just wasn't sure if it was because of an update.

On 5/18/2020 7:09 AM, Cohn, Jonathan wrote:

Does this happen for all links or does it only happen on a few sites. Also, are you using the current version, or do you use pre-release or prevent updating. I haven’t heard of these issues except in some very specific design errors on a site, but I have been concentrating on Firefox recently.

Jonathan

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Date: Monday, May 18, 2020 at 9:57 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Subject: [nvda] problem with nvda chrome and pressing enter on items

External email alert: Be wary of links & attachments.

Hello list,

I'm having a problem with nvda only inside of chrome. Before while
surfing the web with chrome I could tab onto a link or a menu item and
then press enter and it would bring me to the next page or download the
file of the link I click on. Now all of a sudden if I tab to an item and
then press enter nothing happens. I have to use the arrow keys to land
on the item or link press enter and it then works.
Any ideas of why tabbing to something doesn't work anymore but if I
arrow to it it will work. Any help is greatly appreciated. This is
really messing with my work flow.

Jonathan COHN