Topics

NVDA not starting after login under windows 10

George McCoy <slr1bpz@...>

I'm running windows 10 professional version 1709. I have two local accounts set up; one as administrator and one as standard user.

NVDA works fine on the logon screen and starts when I log into the admin account. When I log into the standard user account, however, NvDA does not start automatically. automatically start NVDA after I log onto windows is checked.

Has anyone else encountered this? Is there a solution?

Thanks very much,
George

Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...>

Hi

I have had the opposite.

When i upgraded to 2017.4 it unchecked the start nvda when windows does check box so i just went in and checked it so it would start again as usual.

They are aware of this bug but not tracked it down yet.
This is on a windows 10 machine running f1709

Gene nz

On 12/7/2017 10:41 AM, George McCoy wrote:
   I'm running windows 10 professional version 1709.  I have two local accounts set up; one as administrator and one as standard user.

NVDA works fine on the logon screen and starts when I log into the admin account.  When I log into the standard user account, however, NvDA does not start automatically.  automatically start NVDA after I log onto windows is checked.

Has anyone else encountered this?  Is there a solution?

Thanks very much,
George

George McCoy <slr1bpz@...>

        Thanks for getting back to me, Gene.  I hope they can resolve it without too much effort.  It’s really a relatively minor inconvenience after all.

George

--
Image NVDA
        certified expert

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Don't you have to enable this somehow? I imagine a none admin user cannot affect changes on the log on screen before one has logged on or it would not be very secure, would it?
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-