From: "Shaun Everiss" <sm.everiss@gmail.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Thursday, December 07, 2017 1:18 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Versioned Voice Dictionaries

I know the word for for, is now fur and not 4.

I know the word forbid is not 4 bid but furbid once is unce.

button is now buttung.

I think we should use older but faithfull espeak which doesn't have this issue or simply make something that doesn't rely on it.

Whoever develops this is clearly no longer english and is probably using google translate for everything.

On 7/12/2017 12:06 p.m., Sharni-Lee Ward wrote:
Okay, opened my portable copy of 2017.3 and copied the replacements from
there. Things are mostly back on track, although the Japanese word the
ProTalker synth pronounces wrong in the hiragana couldn't be copy/pasted
into Jarte. It just came up as a line of question marks. But that's not
vitally important to me right now so I'll let that slide for the time being.

On a sort-of related note, though, Why was the pronunciation of the
phrase "for the" and the word "percent" changed in espeakNG? They sound
weird now...
On 7/12/2017 9:45 AM, Sharni-Lee Ward wrote:
So I just updated to the latest NVDA, and I now have some issues thanks
to the changes with the voice dictionaries. I understand why since
languages in espeak have changed names, but I lost several voice
specific entries and don't remember what I did for them. I tried to fix
one instance and although the pronunciation sounded right in the
dictionary file, it didn't when I read the name in question somewhere
else, although it was apparent some change had been made. This behaviour
has never happened before, and the pronunciation of the replacement has
been consistent in all places. I'm concerned that I might never get this
name pronounced the way I want it again, and I've only tested this with
one entry!

Sharni-Lee Ward

I know! Isn't it simply horrid?

On 7/12/2017 9:17 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
Exactly and the word for can sound like fur sometimes as well. Grrr.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Sharni-Lee Ward" <sharni-lee.ward@...>

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
[...]

Have a look in the folder where the dictionaries were you should find your old version in a sub directory. simply rename it to the new name and then copy it over the one you just created and restart nvda.
I think to be certain you need to do this manually in the user folder version then copy to log on afterwards to bring it back into the program folder.
However this really depends on whether you wish to still use Espeak and not the speech player in Espeak add on version of Espeak.