Topics

What do You prefer to write Docs, Presentations, or Spreadsheets with NVDA

Well there are ways to handle this where the forms are loaded and output as html, I have seen this and the server handles it itself but I have had the older system where the server loads a pdf form in a weird web program and yeah you can't make it do anything.

On 26/05/2020 8:25 am, Pauline Smith wrote:
Everything you wrote in this message is so on point. The form that is on our state library's website that must be completed to receive library services is a pdf that you cannot be saved. I found that so frustrating when I had to fill out such applications for students. The only extra copies we could make was hard copy print ones.

Pauline

On 5/21/2020 3:48 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Thu, May 21, 2020 at 02:40 PM, Arlene wrote:
I had to fill out a Canadian Government form that was PDF I had to call the CNIB to get help filling out the form. 
As I've mentioned in the past, there are a very great many people who do not know how to design a fillable form, whether in PDF or MS-Word.

I've had a few US government forms that were billed as fillable that either were not at all, or were, but you couldn't save the filled-in form, which is pretty useless from a record keeping perspective.   And when you're actually dealing with fillable forms, type conversions often screw things up.

It's pretty much a black box until you start trying to work with a given PDF file, regardless of what is claimed.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1909, Build 18363  

Science has become just another voice in the room; it has lost its platform.  Now, you simply declare your own truth.

~ Dr. Paul A. Offit, in New York Times article, How Anti-Vaccine Sentiment Took Hold in the United States, September 23, 2019

On Mon, May 25, 2020 at 04:26 PM, Pauline Smith wrote:
The only extra copies we could make was hard copy print ones.
You can sometimes, and only sometimes, get around the "non-saveable fillable PDF" by doing a Save As after you've filled it out, or using the old print to a virtual PDF printer trick (e.g. PDFCreator or Microsoft print to PDF), to get that content saved in another file.  Where there's a will, there's generally a tricky workaround.

It is really insane to me, at this point in computing history, that those creating fillable forms, whether PDF or MS-Word, simply do not know how to create ones that are consistently accessible and where they can be saved after having been filled out!

--

Science has become just another voice in the room; it has lost its platform.  Now, you simply declare your own truth.

~ Dr. Paul A. Offit, in New York Times article, How Anti-Vaccine Sentiment Took Hold in the United States, September 23, 2019

Pauline Smith

Everything you wrote in this message is so on point. The form that is on our state library's website that must be completed to receive library services is a pdf that you cannot be saved. I found that so frustrating when I had to fill out such applications for students. The only extra copies we could make was hard copy print ones.

Pauline

On 5/21/2020 3:48 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
I had to fill out a Canadian Government form that was PDF I had to call the CNIB to get help filling out the form. 
As I've mentioned in the past, there are a very great many people who do not know how to design a fillable form, whether in PDF or MS-Word.

I've had a few US government forms that were billed as fillable that either were not at all, or were, but you couldn't save the filled-in form, which is pretty useless from a record keeping perspective.   And when you're actually dealing with fillable forms, type conversions often screw things up.

It's pretty much a black box until you start trying to work with a given PDF file, regardless of what is claimed.

--

--

Arlene

Alright, I’ll go check it out! Thanks. The reason I asked that question about PDF I had to fill out a Canadian Government form that was PDF I had to call the CNIB to get help filling out the form. 

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: May 21, 2020 11:35 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] What do You prefer to write Docs, Presentations, or Spreadsheets with NVDA

Sorry, the link I meant to post was:  http://www.multidoc-converter.com/en/index.html

It tells you what types can be converted on its main page.

--

Sorry, the link I meant to post was:  http://www.multidoc-converter.com/en/index.html

It tells you what types can be converted on its main page.

--

On Thu, May 21, 2020 at 02:17 PM, Arlene wrote:
Hi, will it convert PDF documents to word documents or whatever you have on your computer?
http://www.multidoc-converter.com/en/support/index.html

--

Arlene

Hi, will it convert PDF documents to word documents or whatever you have on your computer?

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: May 21, 2020 7:31 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] What do You prefer to write Docs, Presentations, or Spreadsheets with NVDA

yes it is a computer-only program and yes it batch-converts multiple documents very very fast, and yes it is very easy to use. 

Josh Kennedy

yes it is a computer-only program and yes it batch-converts multiple documents very very fast, and yes it is very easy to use. 

David Moore

thank you very much! I have a lot of old documents that were made in Microsoft office 2000 and 2003 that have the d o c format. I have wanted to convert those into the docx docs for a long time and I've wondered how I would do that I will check this out and see if it works. Can you do more documents Dan one-at-a-time it sounds like it'll convert multiple documents, is this easy to figure out just by tinkering with it? Is this a computer only program have a great one guys!

On Wed, May 20, 2020, 7:33 PM Shaun Everiss <sm.everiss@...> wrote:

thanks for this.

On 21/05/2020 2:22 am, Josh Kennedy wrote:
you can use the free multidoc converter to batch-convert your old microsoft office and windows95 document to the new docx format. 
http://www.multidoc-converter.com/en/download/index.html

thanks for this.

On 21/05/2020 2:22 am, Josh Kennedy wrote:
you can use the free multidoc converter to batch-convert your old microsoft office and windows95 document to the new docx format. 

Vaibhav Bhandari

I did try writing in docks once or twice but then I continued with
microsoft word. NVDA's constant speaking of letters along with the
different movement of curser kind of annoyed me.

On 5/20/20, Josh Kennedy <joshknnd1982@...> wrote:
you can use the free multidoc converter to batch-convert your old microsoft
office and windows95 document to the new docx format.

--
Thanks/regards: Vaibhav Bhandari

Josh Kennedy

To be honest same here.

Now All I need is a modern word document converter.

I have a lot of old word documents in word 95, there is supposed to be a way to make it do and I do have the files from an old xp system and I have installed them the way jart wants me to do but they don't render right.

I know I can manually do it all but is there a way to say submit something to somewhre or do it in batch or something.

My only stipulation is it needs to be free or low cost because I'd not be doing it more than once otherwise I will haveto process things one at a time.

On 20/05/2020 4:29 am, Sarah k Alawami wrote:

Jarte for docs, and emails. I don't do the rest.

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website.

to subscribe to the feed click here and you can also follow us on twitter

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on [twitch.](http://twitch.tv/ke7zum] Feel free to give the channel a follow and see what is up there.

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit my main lbry page and my tffp lbry page You will also be able to buy some of my products and eBooks there.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 19 May 2020, at 6:00, Tyaseta Rabita Nugraeni Sardjono wrote:

microsoft office and open office....google service is for gmail,
googling, google from

On 5/19/20, Marco Oros marco.oros93@... wrote:

Hello.

I have a question.

What do You prefer to write Docs, Slides and Spreadsheets with NVDA?

Google services, Microsoft office, or Apache Open office?

Thank You.

Marco

Sarah k Alawami

Jarte for docs, and emails. I don't do the rest.

Sarah Alawami, owner of TFFP. . For more info go to our website.

to subscribe to the feed click here and you can also follow us on twitter

Our discord is where you will know when we go live on [twitch.](http://twitch.tv/ke7zum] Feel free to give the channel a follow and see what is up there.

For stream archives, products you can buy and more visit my main lbry page and my tffp lbry page You will also be able to buy some of my products and eBooks there.

Finally, to become a patron and help support the podcast go here

On 19 May 2020, at 6:00, Tyaseta Rabita Nugraeni Sardjono wrote:

googling, google from

On 5/19/20, Marco Oros marco.oros93@... wrote:

Hello.

I have a question.

Thank You.

Marco

CARLOS-ESTEBAN

I use MS Office versión 2019.

But the tools of Google also are very accesible.

Regards.

Enviado desde Correo para Windows 10

De: Marco Oros
Enviado: martes, 19 de mayo de 2020 6:35
Para: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Asunto: [nvda] What do You prefer to write Docs, Presentations, or Spreadsheets with NVDA

Hello.

I have a question.

Thank You.

Marco

Luke Davis

I used to use Open Office (for 15 years or so) on Linux and Windows, but last year I switched to MS Office. My muscle memory for shortcut keys can not seem to get the hang of ribbon command shortcuts, but other than that I prefer MS Office.

I mainly encounter Google Docs on mobile platforms. I don't much like reading documents in Google Docs, so don't imagine I would like writing them there either.

Luke

On Tue, 19 May 2020, Marco Oros wrote:

Tyaseta Rabita Nugraeni Sardjono <tyasetarabita@...>

googling, google from

On 5/19/20, Marco Oros <marco.oros93@...> wrote:
Hello.

I have a question.

Thank You.

Marco

Marco Oros

Hello.

I have a question.

Thank You.

Marco