Topics

FYI, Windows 10 Essentials Update

Janet Brandly

Hello all,

I just wanted to let you know that, at least for me, NVDA did not automatically restart after installing the most recent Windows 10 App Essentials update. I had to restart NVDA manually. In case your computer stops talking for a long time after you have shut NVDA down as instructed, try this. I know this sounds pretty basic, but there may be users out here who get hung up by this.

Cheers,

Janet

Hi,

Did NVDA prompt you to restart after installing the add-on? Normally it should (if it didn’t and you used Add-on Updater to update, that’s something I need to think about).

Cheers,

Joseph

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Janet Brandly
Sent: Tuesday, May 19, 2020 3:10 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] FYI, Windows 10 Essentials Update

Hello all,

I just wanted to let you know that, at least for me, NVDA did not automatically restart after installing the most recent Windows 10 App Essentials update. I had to restart NVDA manually. In case your computer stops talking for a long time after you have shut NVDA down as instructed, try this. I know this sounds pretty basic, but there may be users out here who get hung up by this.

Cheers,

Janet

Dan Beaver

Hmmm, interesting.  It prompted me about restarting NVDA.  No problems here.

Dan Beaver

On 5/19/2020 6:09 PM, Janet Brandly wrote:

Hello all,

Cheers,

Janet

-- 
Dan Beaver (KA4DAN)

Lino Morales

Hi Joseph. I get this from time to time as well. NVDA will beep for what seems like forever and I sometimes have to manually update it.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Tuesday, May 19, 2020 6:22 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] FYI, Windows 10 Essentials Update

Hi,

Did NVDA prompt you to restart after installing the add-on? Normally it should (if it didn’t and you used Add-on Updater to update, that’s something I need to think about).

Cheers,

Joseph

Hello all,

Cheers,

Janet

Janet Brandly

Hi Joseph,

No, NVDA did not prompt me to restart. It did prompt me to shut it down. I heard the shutting down sound, then it just sat there. That’s when I restarted it manually. Hope this helps.

Janet

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Joseph Lee
Sent: Tuesday, May 19, 2020 4:22 PM

Hi,

Cheers,

Joseph

Hello all,

Cheers,

Janet

Hi,

Hmmm, In this case, I have nothing to say.

Cheers,

Joseph

Sent: Tuesday, May 19, 2020 4:36 PM

Hi Joseph,

No, NVDA did not prompt me to restart. It did prompt me to shut it down. I heard the shutting down sound, then it just sat there. That’s when I restarted it manually. Hope this helps.

Janet

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Joseph Lee
Sent: Tuesday, May 19, 2020 4:22 PM

Hi,

Cheers,

Joseph

Hello all,

Cheers,

Janet