Topics

And finally, Add-on Updater 20.06 #addonrelease

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, Joseph,

I hope you enjoy your break. Thanks so much for everything you do for us.

Rosemarie

On 5/20/2020 12:11 AM, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi all,

Add-on Updater 20.06 is now available. As an add-on that has gone through one of the most changes as a result of Flake8, along with not breaking update facility for other add-ons, this add-on became the last one to get 20.06. As always, Add-on Updater 20.06 is available through community add-ons website, or ironically enough, through Add-on Updater itself.

And with that, I’m taking a break from NVDA add-ons world for a while. The next releases will be done in July.

Cheers,

Joseph

Hi,

Using the current infrastructure, the best way is letting NVDA query a table of add-on identifiers and versions, which must be updated whenever new add-ons are registered and updates are released (still a manual intervention). Note that this fails for add-ons that receive updates from websites other than GitHub and ones that come with their own update mechanism. All this will change once add-ons store idea becomes reality, which will also make Add-on Updater and update mechanisms in other add-ons obsolete.

Cheers,

Joseph