Topics

pdfs with all words crammed against the next word with no spaces between

Dan Beaver

Sorry, but it is private.  I sure appreciate the offer though.

Dan Beaver

On 5/20/2020 5:33 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
Dan,

            If the content of said file is not private, please e-mail me a copy and I'll see what I can do.  And if it's something that doesn't require massive gyrations I'll post the steps I used if I can fix it.

Dan Beaver (KA4DAN)

Cearbhall O'Meadhra

Dan,

Here is a message that I sent out in 2016 about this issue:

I had a long chat session with the Adobe help team yesterday.

It seems that the problem arises when a document created in some other editor is saved as PDF this problem can arise resulting in spaces not appearing to be standard ones under ISO (or ASCII 32).

With the help of the Adobe support team, I used adobe Acrobat Pro DC to reprocess the offending document by printing it as Adobe and saving the output document to the hard disk rather than actually printing it. The spaces were all present and no misspellings occurred.

The help team assured me that this problem arises from outside editors and not from within Adobe. Therefore, Adobe can do nothing about it.

This worked today. However, I cannot get it to do the job tonight! Strange!

I dont have Acrobat Pro DC on my machine. I will have to download a sample of this program and try again.

All the best,

Cearbhall