Topics

monthly microsoft updates problem

anthony borg

Hi list

I wonder if anyone could help me.

I got the usual monthly Microsoft updates, so when I did the normal procedure by accepted the update and restart, or update and shutdown, it isn’t doing the updates.

Because most probably it got stucked.

Is there a way how to release that and do the updates normally?

I have windows 10 creator.

Thanks in advance

Anthony

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I think you need to look at the errors its giving on the updates. If you look at the details for the updates you normally have some way to see the ones that failed and see the reason. it usually has an identity number and you can look that up on the Microsoft site to find out what to do.

Its normally an update that has been installed out of sequence or at least that was the last time I saw this happen. I took the machine back to just before that update, stopped that update then allowed it to do the others and then did the one left over. No I've no idea why this happens either.
Might be something totally different in your case of course, but you really need a windows forum to find out more if Microsoft are no help.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

I got the usual monthly Microsoft updates, so when I did the normal
procedure by accepted the update and restart, or update and shutdown, it
isn't doing the updates.

Because most probably it got stucked.

Is there a way how to release that and do the updates normally?

I have windows 10 creator.

Thanks in advance

Anthony

anthony borg

But can you please explain to me how I could do it manually?

I got the usual monthly Microsoft updates, so when I did the normal
procedure by accepted the update and restart, or update and shutdown, it
isn't doing the updates.

Because most probably it got stucked.

Is there a way how to release that and do the updates normally?

I have windows 10 creator.

Thanks in advance

Anthony

Chris Mullins

Hi Anthony
Can you tell me what it says alongside the updates listed in the update
history? To check, press Windows+i to open the settings dialog, tab into
the categories list and press spacebar on Update and security. Tab once
into list of sub-categories, ensure Windows update is selected and tab into
the list of features. Press spacebar on view installed update history.
Activate toggle button for each type of update within the window and you
will see details of each update.

Cheers
Chris