Topics

Copy value from foreground window

Sam Taylor

Hi Edhoari

I'm late to this thread, but the Speech History addon may work for you. It has the ability to move through the buffer of speech items, and copy the last utterance you have heard to the clipboard. I use it constantly and find it a fantastic addition to NVDA.

https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/speech_history.en.html

Cheers

Sam

On 16/06/2020 2:18 am, Edhoari Setiyoso wrote:
Hi Zahra,

Thank you for the suggestion.
I've tried it and unfortunately the body of foreground window is not included.

Kind regards

Izahra <nasrinkhaksar3@...> writes:

hi.
please nvda t three times quickly.
it copies the title of your desired item to the clipboard.

On 6/13/20, Edhoari Setiyoso <edhoari.s@...> wrote:
Hi group,

Now that I can read the content of foreground window, I need a way to copy
it's value to clipboard.

I can't find any of such command in NVDA user guide.
Can anyone advise me on this one?

Best Regards
--
Edhoari Setiyoso

Edhoari Setiyoso

Hi Zahra,

Thank you for the suggestion.
I've tried it and unfortunately the body of foreground window is not included.

Kind regards

Izahra <nasrinkhaksar3@...> writes:

hi.
please nvda t three times quickly.
it copies the title of your desired item to the clipboard.

On 6/13/20, Edhoari Setiyoso <edhoari.s@...> wrote:
Hi group,

Now that I can read the content of foreground window, I need a way to copy
it's value to clipboard.

I can't find any of such command in NVDA user guide.
Can anyone advise me on this one?

Best Regards
--
Edhoari Setiyoso

--
Edhoari Setiyoso

Edhoari Setiyoso

Hi Chris,

Thank you for the suggestion.
You are correct that I want to read the content of foreground window.
I'll try installing the add on sometime this weekend and update the result.

Kind regards

Chris Mullins <cjmullins29@...> writes:

Hi

Zara’s suggestion copies the title of the foreground window to the clipboard and if there
is information in the body of the foreground window that you need access to, you could
try the Virtual review add-on. This allows you to use NVDA+control+w to virtualize the
current window into text form, which you can then edit and copy information to the
clipboard.

Cheers

Chris

--