Topics

malware bites question

Gary Metzler

Hi All,

I ran the free trial of malware bites and it found a threat.  How do I delete it?  I am using the latest windows and nvda.  Thanks for any help.Regards, Gary kn4ox
sendto: gmtravel@...

Antony Stone

What problem did it report?

Without knowing what the "threat" is, we can't usefully advise on what to do
about it.

Antony.

help.Regards, Gary kn4ox sendto: gmtravel@comcast.net
--
Tinned food was developed for the British Navy in 1813.

The tin opener was not invented until 1858.

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.

Gary Metzler

Hi Anthony,

The threat is from bible seeker. I hope this helps.

Without knowing what the "threat" is, we can't usefully advise on what to do
about it.

Antony.

On Sunday 10 December 2017 at 17:39:02, Gary Metzler wrote:

Hi All,

I ran the free trial of malware bites and it found a threat. How do I
delete it? I am using the latest windows and nvda. Thanks for any
help.Regards, Gary kn4ox sendto: gmtravel@comcast.net
--
Tinned food was developed for the British Navy in 1813.

The tin opener was not invented until 1858.

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.

Ian Blackburn

Replace the Bible seeker
With theophilis

Sent from my iPhone

-----Original Message----- From: Antony Stone
Sent: Sunday, December 10, 2017 12:24 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

What problem did it report?

Without knowing what the "threat" is, we can't usefully advise on what to do
about it.

Antony.

On Sunday 10 December 2017 at 17:39:02, Gary Metzler wrote:

Hi All,

I ran the free trial of malware bites and it found a threat. How do I
delete it? I am using the latest windows and nvda. Thanks for any
help.Regards, Gary kn4ox sendto: gmtravel@comcast.net
--
Tinned food was developed for the British Navy in 1813.

The tin opener was not invented until 1858.

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.

Ron Canazzi

Hi Barry.

I have run Bible Seeker and its various components for years with no problems.  This must be a false positive.

Sent: Sunday, December 10, 2017 12:24 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

What problem did it report?

Without knowing what the "threat" is, we can't usefully advise on what to do
about it.

Antony.

On Sunday 10 December 2017 at 17:39:02, Gary Metzler wrote:

Hi All,

I ran the free trial of malware bites and it found a threat. How do I
delete it?  I am using the latest windows and nvda.  Thanks for any
help.Regards, Gary kn4ox sendto: gmtravel@comcast.net
--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Gary Metzler

Hi Ron,
A few months ago someone gave a link to bible seeker. I tried to install it but, it didn't install. I guess it was a virus.

Sent: Sunday, December 10, 2017 12:24 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

What problem did it report?

Without knowing what the "threat" is, we can't usefully advise on what to do
about it.

Antony.

On Sunday 10 December 2017 at 17:39:02, Gary Metzler wrote:

Hi All,

I ran the free trial of malware bites and it found a threat. How do I
delete it? I am using the latest windows and nvda. Thanks for any
help.Regards, Gary kn4ox sendto: gmtravel@comcast.net
--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Ron Canazzi

Hi Barry,

I don't know what anti virus program you are using, but with many--particularly McAfee and Symantec products, they give a lot of false positives.  I remember when people running NVDA had all sorts of problems with Symantec which kept eating up NVDA whenever it updated.

-----Original Message----- From: Ron Canazzi

Sent: Sunday, December 10, 2017 12:24 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

What problem did it report?

Without knowing what the "threat" is, we can't usefully advise on what to do
about it.

Antony.

On Sunday 10 December 2017 at 17:39:02, Gary Metzler wrote:

Hi All,

I ran the free trial of malware bites and it found a threat. How do I
delete it?  I am using the latest windows and nvda.  Thanks for any
help.Regards, Gary kn4ox sendto: gmtravel@comcast.net
--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Angela Delicata

Hi,

Please excuse me if the question is not  close  related to nvda, but as you are talking about antivirus program, I thought I would try to ask,

I installed avg antivirus, but as  it is  not so accessible, I would like to remove it completely. it is impossible to do so because it seems it has some problems removing itself.

does any one know how to do? If you can, please help me.

Even after installing Windows 10 avg is still here!
I really have no idea on how to handle it.
Thank you in advance.
Ciao.
Angela from Italy

Sent: Sunday, December 10, 2017 12:24 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

What problem did it report?

Without knowing what the "threat" is, we can't usefully advise on what to do
about it.

Antony.

On Sunday 10 December 2017 at 17:39:02, Gary Metzler wrote:

Hi All,

I ran the free trial of malware bites and it found a threat. How do I
delete it?  I am using the latest windows and nvda.  Thanks for any
help.Regards, Gary kn4ox sendto: gmtravel@comcast.net

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Is Avg a 64 bit install? if not then the old version of Revo will do it or always used to.
I'd have thought that their site would give some kind of help on removal but it may well involve the sighted. The problem is as they now seem to belong to the same outfit as Avast they are probably prohibiting screenreaders from hooking in to their code as well.

Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

Sent: Sunday, December 10, 2017 12:24 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

What problem did it report?

Without knowing what the "threat" is, we can't usefully advise on what to do
about it.

Antony.

On Sunday 10 December 2017 at 17:39:02, Gary Metzler wrote:

Hi All,

I ran the free trial of malware bites and it found a threat. How do I
delete it? I am using the latest windows and nvda. Thanks for any
help.Regards, Gary kn4ox sendto: gmtravel@comcast.net

Ian Blackburn

If it’s like a vast then you need to use a clear program from the website completely in accessible

The vast clear program makes the computer boot up into a special Mode that you must use the mouse to operate that will clear your avast

Sent from my iPhone

----- Original Message ----- From: "Angela Delicata" <angeladelicata@gmail.com>

Sent: Sunday, December 10, 2017 12:24 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

What problem did it report?

Without knowing what the "threat" is, we can't usefully advise on what to do
about it.

Antony.

On Sunday 10 December 2017 at 17:39:02, Gary Metzler wrote:

Hi All,

I ran the free trial of malware bites and it found a threat. How do I
delete it? I am using the latest windows and nvda. Thanks for any
help.Regards, Gary kn4ox sendto: gmtravel@comcast.net

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

You need to use screen navigation to get to the items as whoever wrote the software seems to have taken a holiday on that part. Before you decide to delete though, have a look at the log, which you can read from inside the software and see exactly what it found. If its just a possibly unwanted bit of software it might actually be something you want to keep, like a password finder etc. Many of these tools are seen as malicious when they are not really.
Also if its cookies be sure no log in or config details are not in that cookie before you allow it to be deleted.

Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

I ran the free trial of malware bites and it found a threat. How do I delete it? I am using the latest windows and nvda. Thanks for any help.Regards, Gary kn4ox
sendto: gmtravel@comcast.net

Angela Delicata

Hi,

this is Windows 10 32 bits.

I tried to remove avg, but the uninstall process was not completed and some registry entry are still here and seem to dominate my pc.

Thank you.

Sent: Sunday, December 10, 2017 12:24 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

What problem did it report?

Without knowing what the "threat" is, we can't usefully advise on what to do
about it.

Antony.

On Sunday 10 December 2017 at 17:39:02, Gary Metzler wrote:

Hi All,

I ran the free trial of malware bites and it found a threat. How do I
delete it? I am using the latest windows and nvda. Thanks for any
help.Regards, Gary kn4ox sendto: gmtravel@comcast.net

---
http://www.avg.com

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Do you still have this installed and do you use it?
If yes to both ignore it.
False positives are a fact of life these days.
[...]

No it was probably due to a false positive then, but a bit of it is still there I suspect.

Sent: Sunday, December 10, 2017 12:24 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

What problem did it report?

Without knowing what the "threat" is, we can't usefully advise on what to do
about it.

Antony.

On Sunday 10 December 2017 at 17:39:02, Gary Metzler wrote:

Hi All,

I ran the free trial of malware bites and it found a threat. How do I
delete it? I am using the latest windows and nvda. Thanks for any
help.Regards, Gary kn4ox sendto: gmtravel@comcast.net
--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Gary Metzler

Hi Ron,

I am using windows defender.

Sent: Sunday, December 10, 2017 12:24 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

What problem did it report?

Without knowing what the "threat" is, we can't usefully advise on what to do
about it.

Antony.

On Sunday 10 December 2017 at 17:39:02, Gary Metzler wrote:

Hi All,

I ran the free trial of malware bites and it found a threat. How do I
delete it? I am using the latest windows and nvda. Thanks for any
help.Regards, Gary kn4ox sendto: gmtravel@comcast.net
--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Gary Metzler

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the response. What keys do I use to get to screen navagation? Thanks,

I ran the free trial of malware bites and it found a threat. How do I
delete it? I am using the latest windows and nvda. Thanks for any
help.Regards, Gary kn4ox
sendto: gmtravel@comcast.net

Ron Canazzi

I have Windows Defender and I do not get any warnings.

On 12/11/2017 5:20 AM, Gary Metzler wrote:
Hi Ron,

I am using windows defender.

-----Original Message----- From: Ron Canazzi

Sent: Sunday, December 10, 2017 12:24 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

What problem did it report?

Without knowing what the "threat" is, we can't usefully advise on what to do
about it.

Antony.

On Sunday 10 December 2017 at 17:39:02, Gary Metzler wrote:

Hi All,

I ran the free trial of malware bites and it found a threat. How do I
delete it?  I am using the latest windows and nvda.  Thanks for any
help.Regards, Gary kn4ox sendto: gmtravel@comcast.net
--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Michael Capelle <mcapelle@...>

i also use win defender on my win 10 laptop, no need for malware bytes.

Sent: Sunday, December 10, 2017 12:24 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

What problem did it report?

Without knowing what the "threat" is, we can't usefully advise on what to do
about it.

Antony.

On Sunday 10 December 2017 at 17:39:02, Gary Metzler wrote:

Hi All,

I ran the free trial of malware bites and it found a threat. How do I
delete it? I am using the latest windows and nvda. Thanks for any
help.Regards, Gary kn4ox sendto: gmtravel@comcast.net
--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Robert Mendoza

If you have the latest version of Windows 10 you don't need to run the malware program because there is built-in virus program called Windows Defender Security. If your machine seems to be infected you need to keep your virus definition up to date, then run offline to scan it. It will restart your PC and then, it will boot for couple of minutes. Once, the machine has been restarted you could check the history if the said threats were removed, or deleted.

Robert Mendoza

Sent: Sunday, December 10, 2017 12:24 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

What problem did it report?

Without knowing what the "threat" is, we can't usefully advise on what to do
about it.

Antony.

On Sunday 10 December 2017 at 17:39:02, Gary Metzler wrote:

Hi All,

I ran the free trial of malware bites and it found a threat. How do I
delete it?  I am using the latest windows and nvda. Thanks for any
help.Regards, Gary kn4ox sendto: gmtravel@comcast.net

Gene

We don't know what link was given to Bible seeker by the person referenced in the first message.  If it wasn't to the site of the owner or the authorized distributor of the product, who knows what may be trying to install itself from the site or may have been added to the program?  The first question for anyone getting malware warnings in the ddiscussion is what site is being used?

Sent: Monday, December 11, 2017 7:20 AM