Hettie

On 2020/07/02 1:43 pm, Jacob Kruger wrote:

Hettie, here's the page with the libre office tutorials, etc. on it:

http://www.talking-computers.org.uk/jimonlibreoffice.html

Jacob Kruger
+2782 413 4791
"...resistance is futile...but, acceptance is versatile..."
On 2020-07-02 01:05 PM, Hettie wrote:

Thanks, David. Do you have a link for me?

Hettie

On 2020/07/01 10:25 pm, David Griffith via groups.io wrote:

There are a whole series of tutorials on the Talking Computers Website on using NVDA and Libre Office.

David Griffith

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: 01 July 2020 21:06
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA add-ons for LibreOffice

On Wed, Jul 1, 2020 at 03:48 PM, Hettie wrote:

Organize Add-ons but no option to search for new ones.

-
When you open Add-Ons Manager there is a Get Add-Ons button at the bottom.  You can also download NVDA add-ons from the NVDA Community Add-Ons Page or from private developers, then double click on the file when NVDA is running, and you'll be asked if you want to install the add-on.

As Joseph has already noted there are no NVDA add-ons for Libre Office (or at least there aren't on the community add-ons page, who knows if anyone noodling around with NVDA and Libre Office might have created an add-on, but chances are slim).
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1909, Build 18363  

Science has become just another voice in the room; it has lost its platform.  Now, you simply declare your own truth.

~ Dr. Paul A. Offit, in New York Times article, How Anti-Vaccine Sentiment Took Hold in the United States, September 23, 2019

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Jacob Kruger

Hettie, here's the page with the libre office tutorials, etc. on it:

http://www.talking-computers.org.uk/jimonlibreoffice.html

Jacob Kruger
+2782 413 4791
"...resistance is futile...but, acceptance is versatile..."

On 2020-07-02 01:05 PM, Hettie wrote:

Hettie

There are a whole series of tutorials on the Talking Computers Website on using NVDA and Libre Office.

David Griffith

-
When you open Add-Ons Manager there is a Get Add-Ons button at the bottom.  You can also download NVDA add-ons from the NVDA Community Add-Ons Page or from private developers, then double click on the file when NVDA is running, and you'll be asked if you want to install the add-on.

As Joseph has already noted there are no NVDA add-ons for Libre Office (or at least there aren't on the community add-ons page, who knows if anyone noodling around with NVDA and Libre Office might have created an add-on, but chances are slim).
--

Science has become just another voice in the room; it has lost its platform.  Now, you simply declare your own truth.

~ Dr. Paul A. Offit, in New York Times article, How Anti-Vaccine Sentiment Took Hold in the United States, September 23, 2019

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Hettie

Hettie

David Griffith

-

--

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Hettie

Hi Brian

I searched for nvda add-ons for LibreOffice but found none.

It seems a good alternative for MS-Office. Will comment as I go along.

My first observation is that loading files take a little longer especially if it need to be converted form a Word file. High time I calm down and accept when working stuff takes a second or more longer than I'm used to, 😊!

Hettie

On 2020/07/01 10:06 pm, Brian Vogel wrote:
-

--

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Mallard

Thanks David, I didn't know that either. Very useful.

Ciao, Stay safe!

Ollie

On 01/07/2020 22:25, David Griffith via groups.io wrote:

David Griffith

Sent from Mail <https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986> for Windows 10

*Sent: *01 July 2020 21:06
*To: *nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
*Subject: *Re: [nvda] NVDA add-ons for LibreOffice

-
When you open Add-Ons Manager there is a Get Add-Ons button at the bottom.  You can also download NVDA add-ons from the NVDA Community Add-Ons Page <https://addons.nvda-project.org/index.en.html> or from private developers, then double click on the file when NVDA is running, and you'll be asked if you want to install the add-on.

--

Brian *-*Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1909, Build 18363

/*Science has become just another voice in the room; it has lost its platform.  Now, you simply declare your own truth.*/

~ Dr. Paul A. Offit, in /New York Times/ article, /How Anti-Vaccine Sentiment Took Hold in the United States/ <https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/23/health/anti-vaccination-movement-us.html>/,/September 23, 2019

David Griffith

David Griffith

-

--

-

--

Hettie

Thanks Joseph. Then I'll play around with the program some more.

Hettie

On 2020/07/01 9:53 pm, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi,
I believe there is no Libreeoffice specific add-on for NVDA. Note that what Libreoffice and NVDA considers add-ons are two completely different things.
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Hettie
Sent: Wednesday, July 1, 2020 12:49 PM
Subject: [nvda] NVDA add-ons for LibreOffice

How do I download or install add-ons for LibreOffice? In the NVDDA Tools menu I only find Organize Add-ons but no option to search for new ones.

Thanks

Hettie

--
This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.
https://www.avg.com

Hi,
I believe there is no Libreeoffice specific add-on for NVDA. Note that what Libreoffice and NVDA considers add-ons are two completely different things.
Cheers,
Joseph

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Hettie
Sent: Wednesday, July 1, 2020 12:49 PM
Subject: [nvda] NVDA add-ons for LibreOffice

How do I download or install add-ons for LibreOffice? In the NVDDA Tools menu I only find Organize Add-ons but no option to search for new ones.

Thanks

Hettie

--

Hettie

Thanks

Hettie

--