From: Mary Otten
Sent: Tuesday, December 12, 2017 10:07 AM
Subject: [nvda] win10 essentials add-on update?

Yesterday, I had a notification that there was an update for this
add-on, but I got an error message when I attempted to install the
update. I don't remember what that said. I figured I'd find some sort of
update button if I went into add-ons manager and selected that add-on
from my list of installed add-ons, but I don't see one. Is there a
recently released update, and should I see that in my add-ons manager?

Mary

Mary Otten

Thanks. I looked on the add-ons page under that app and found the explanation about the win10 app essentials in the NVDA prefs menu. Update installed without a problem.

Mary

On 12/12/2017 7:12 AM, Christopher-Mark Gilland wrote:
Actually, if you go into your NVDA menu with NVDA+N, then up arrow, you should eventually see Win 10 Essentials. If you go in there, there should be a button to check for updates.
---
Christopher Gilland

Yesterday, I had a notification that there was an update for this
add-on, but I got an error message when I attempted to install the
update. I don't remember what that said. I figured I'd find some sort of
update button if I went into add-ons manager and selected that add-on
from my list of installed add-ons, but I don't see one. Is there a
recently released update, and should I see that in my add-ons manager?

Mary

Wonderful! Glad that I could help.

Happy holidays!
---
Christopher Gilland

Yesterday, I had a notification that there was an update for this
add-on, but I got an error message when I attempted to install the
update. I don't remember what that said. I figured I'd find some sort of
update button if I went into add-ons manager and selected that add-on
from my list of installed add-ons, but I don't see one. Is there a
recently released update, and should I see that in my add-ons manager?

Mary

Chris

Look under nvda setting > preferences > windows  10 app essentials

Yesterday, I had a notification that there was an update for this

add-on, but I got an error message when I attempted to install the

update. I don't remember what that said. I figured I'd find some sort of

update button if I went into add-ons manager and selected that add-on

from my list of installed add-ons, but I don't see one. Is there a

recently released update, and should I see that in my add-ons manager?

Mary

Angela Delicata

Hi,

I would like to try this add-on: please, remind me what it is for smile.

Thank you.

Angela from Italy

Il 12/12/2017 16:07, Mary Otten ha scritto:
Yesterday, I had a notification that there was an update for this add-on, but I got an error message when I attempted to install the update. I don't remember what that said. I figured I'd find some sort of update button if I went into add-ons manager and selected that add-on from my list of installed add-ons, but I don't see one. Is there a recently released update, and should I see that in my add-ons manager?

Mary

---
http://www.avg.com

Mary Otten

That add-on covers a lot of different things. Best advice is to go to the nvda community add-ons page and read all about the various things this one does.

Mary

On 12/12/2017 9:06 AM, Angela Delicata wrote:
Hi,

I would like to try this add-on: please, remind me what it is for smile.

Thank you.

Angela from Italy

Il 12/12/2017 16:07, Mary Otten ha scritto:
Yesterday, I had a notification that there was an update for this add-on, but I got an error message when I attempted to install the update. I don't remember what that said. I figured I'd find some sort of update button if I went into add-ons manager and selected that add-on from my list of installed add-ons, but I don't see one. Is there a recently released update, and should I see that in my add-ons manager?

Mary

---
http://www.avg.com

Hi,
And much more. Basically, anyone using Windows 10 should install this add-on. In addition to providing some enhancements for Windows 10 users, with help from this add-on, NVDA supports one or two new features included in latest Windows 10 development builds.
Cheers,
Joseph

[...]

I downloaded Windows 10 App Essentials and  it seems to do many things!

I just want to say nvda works much much better than Jaws on Windows 10  and for this reason I decided to do a small donation: for the time being it is very little, but I plan to do more in the future.

You really deserve our  help and hope nvda will continue to be developed: really  much  better than Jaws nowadays: it has become my  primary  screen reader and I never ever thought this could have been possible... I also know friends of mine who work with nvda and find it good.

So, please keep on like this and I know thanking will be never enough because people like you are those who deserve to be praised for what they do...

Ciao

Angela from Italy