how to read a popup window on a web page

Rusty Perez

Hey folks,
I am subscribed to a site for songwriters. Part of the site allows one
to read the song lyrics to a song that is playing. The lyrics come up
in an overlay or window of some sort and I can't figure out how to
read it with NVDA.
If my wife runs the mouse over the lyrics, NVDA does read them, but I
can't figure out how to get to this lyrics window on my own.
Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks!
Rusty

Hermann-Josef Kurzen

Hey Rusty,

to which site for songwriters are You subscribed?
I am using NVDA as well.
I will have a try on the site.

Greetings - Hermann

■■■

Gesendet: Dienstag, 12. Dezember 2017 um 18:05 Uhr
Von: "Rusty Perez" <rustys.lists@gmail.com>
An: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Betreff: [nvda] how to read a popup window on a web page

Hey folks,
I am subscribed to a site for songwriters. Part of the site allows one
to read the song lyrics to a song that is playing. The lyrics come up
in an overlay or window of some sort and I can't figure out how to
read it with NVDA.
If my wife runs the mouse over the lyrics, NVDA does read them, but I
can't figure out how to get to this lyrics window on my own.
Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks!
Rusty

Rusty Perez

Hey Hermann,
Thanks!
the site is
frettie.com

There will be songs available when you first go to the page.
Search for the word "play" and you should find some songs to check
out. Press enter on a song name to bring up a page dedicated to the
song. Then search for the "lyrics" link.

Thanks!
Rusty

Gesendet: Dienstag, 12. Dezember 2017 um 18:05 Uhr
Von: "Rusty Perez" <rustys.lists@gmail.com>
An: nvda@nvda.groups.io

Hey folks,
I am subscribed to a site for songwriters. Part of the site allows one
to read the song lyrics to a song that is playing. The lyrics come up
in an overlay or window of some sort and I can't figure out how to
read it with NVDA.
If my wife runs the mouse over the lyrics, NVDA does read them, but I
can't figure out how to get to this lyrics window on my own.
Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks!
Rusty

Rusty Perez

Well, I think I figured it out.
This site is sometimes glitchy and loads slowly on my machine.
I tried it again just now. The page loaded up and I am now able to
find the song lyrics just by navigating by headings.
I think that before, I was trying to navigate to the lyrics before
they were actually loaded on to the page.
When my wife was looking, I guess maybe I didn't try headings at that time.

Rusty

Gesendet: Dienstag, 12. Dezember 2017 um 18:05 Uhr
Von: "Rusty Perez" <rustys.lists@gmail.com>
An: nvda@nvda.groups.io

Hey folks,
I am subscribed to a site for songwriters. Part of the site allows one
to read the song lyrics to a song that is playing. The lyrics come up
in an overlay or window of some sort and I can't figure out how to
read it with NVDA.
If my wife runs the mouse over the lyrics, NVDA does read them, but I
can't figure out how to get to this lyrics window on my own.
Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks!
Rusty

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Which browser is it and do you know how the site actually flags the content up?
It sounds like its not being seen as a new set of page content unless you manually navigate the page. Try screen and object navigation to see if that will let you get to it.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

I am subscribed to a site for songwriters. Part of the site allows one
to read the song lyrics to a song that is playing. The lyrics come up
in an overlay or window of some sort and I can't figure out how to
read it with NVDA.
If my wife runs the mouse over the lyrics, NVDA does read them, but I
can't figure out how to get to this lyrics window on my own.
Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks!
Rusty

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

This is exactly why I use Navigational sounds in the old version of Firefox.

Gesendet: Dienstag, 12. Dezember 2017 um 18:05 Uhr
Von: "Rusty Perez" <rustys.lists@gmail.com>
An: nvda@nvda.groups.io

Hey folks,
I am subscribed to a site for songwriters. Part of the site allows one
to read the song lyrics to a song that is playing. The lyrics come up
in an overlay or window of some sort and I can't figure out how to
read it with NVDA.
If my wife runs the mouse over the lyrics, NVDA does read them, but I
can't figure out how to get to this lyrics window on my own.
Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks!
Rusty

Gene

You can't navigate a page until it fully loads.  Sounds may be nice but this is important for blind Internet users to understand, with or without sounds.  And if you move to the address bar and tab around that area, you will see an item that tells you that a page is loading if it still is.  I have nothing against a sound that tells you if a page is loading, but these are still things people should know.  I don't trust notifications to always be accurate.  People should be able to check what is going on aside from something like a sound if there is a way.

Sent: Wednesday, December 13, 2017 12:20 PM

briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'