Speech Player In Espeak has it's own issues

Sharni-Lee Ward

So for the last few days, I've been using Speech Player in Espeak instead of Espeak-NG. The problem is there are a few glitches in this as well and I'm seriously considering just using my portable copy of 2017.3, except that I know that version gives me update alerts.

The pronunciation glitches include some weirdness whenever the "ho" syllable is followed by a vowel. It doesn't do it with "home" or "host" but with words like "hoist" it becomes clear. And annoying. This is an issue I don't remember ever having in espeak before, so I don't know where it came from.

Is there a way to stop NVDA from flagging reminders to update? If there is, I might just go back to 2017.3 until these synth issues are fixed...

Rosemarie Chavarria

Go to the NVDA menu with insert N and arrow down to "help". Hit enter on it and arrow down to "check for updates" and uncheck it.

Hope this helps.

Rosemarie

So for the last few days, I've been using Speech Player in Espeak instead of Espeak-NG. The problem is there are a few glitches in this as well and I'm seriously considering just using my portable copy of 2017.3, except that I know that version gives me update alerts.

The pronunciation glitches include some weirdness whenever the "ho" syllable is followed by a vowel. It doesn't do it with "home" or "host" but with words like "hoist" it becomes clear. And annoying. This is an issue I don't remember ever having in espeak before, so I don't know where it came from.

Is there a way to stop NVDA from flagging reminders to update? If there is, I might just go back to 2017.3 until these synth issues are fixed...

hello.
press insert control g to open general menu.
then, press shift tab three times and uncheck Automatically check for
updates to NVDA with space key.
hope that help, God bless you!

On 12/13/17, Rosemarie Chavarria <knitqueen2007@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

holy quran, chapter 21, verse 107.
www.al-islam.org

Gene

It won't give you update alerts if you set it not to.  It's a check box in the general settings.

Sent: Tuesday, December 12, 2017 9:07 PM

So for the last few days, I've been using Speech Player in Espeak instead of Espeak-NG. The problem is there are a few glitches in this as well and I'm seriously considering just using my portable copy of 2017.3, except that I know that version gives me update alerts.

The pronunciation glitches include some weirdness whenever the "ho" syllable is followed by a vowel. It doesn't do it with "home" or "host" but with words like "hoist" it becomes clear. And annoying. This is an issue I don't remember ever having in espeak before, so I don't know where it came from.

Is there a way to stop NVDA from flagging reminders to update? If there is, I might just go back to 2017.3 until these synth issues are fixed...

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

General settings you can turn update alerts off,but why bother.
Are the problems that of an issue in the speech player. I seem to recall they were introduced to attempt to fix issues in Edward, but I've thus far not noticed much of a problem here.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

So for the last few days, I've been using Speech Player in Espeak instead of Espeak-NG. The problem is there are a few glitches in this as well and I'm seriously considering just using my portable copy of 2017.3, except that I know that version gives me update alerts.

The pronunciation glitches include some weirdness whenever the "ho" syllable is followed by a vowel. It doesn't do it with "home" or "host" but with words like "hoist" it becomes clear. And annoying. This is an issue I don't remember ever having in espeak before, so I don't know where it came from.

Is there a way to stop NVDA from flagging reminders to update? If there is, I might just go back to 2017.3 until these synth issues are fixed...

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I don't think there are any new versions. all the newest version of Espeaks still have errors. I notice that at the moment the only way to get some of the latest english fixes is in a sapi version but that is not very nice.

Otherwise you could keep looking at the next snaps. I doubt speech player in Espeak is being worked on much at the moment with the python 3 project and all the hassles with win 10 and firefox new code.