Avast and accessibility

Dan Beaver

Hi,

I know I have seen this discussed before but didn't need to follow the thread at that time.

How accessible is Avast?  Is it better than AVG or not?

Thanks.

Dan beaver

Angela Delicata

Yes, for me it is better because at least I was able to remove it myself with no sighted help, but it is not so accessible anyway: I would not suggest it to anyone.

Il 13/12/2017 14:42, Dan Beaver ha scritto:
Hi,

I know I have seen this discussed before but didn't need to follow the thread at
that time.

How accessible is Avast? Is it better than AVG or not?

Thanks.

Dan beaver

Mail priva di virus. www.avg.com

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

Gene

Avast is considered one of the best free programs.  But it isn't properly accessible though you can use an older version if you learn about its quirks.  That version isn't properly accessible but it's more or less usable.  I haven't followed what else is more or less accessible, though there are programs that are more accessible.  They may or may not be as good but you may or may not want to use the less accessible choice, Avast.

I know I have seen this discussed before but didn't need to follow the thread at that time.

How accessible is Avast?  Is it better than AVG or not?

Thanks.

Dan beaver

Sarah k Alawami

I just use MSE. It works grate and already comes wiht windows. I don't use anythign else and I've ben ok.

Take care

On Dec 13, 2017, at 6:19 AM, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:

Avast is considered one of the best free programs.  But it isn't properly accessible though you can use an older version if you learn about its quirks.  That version isn't properly accessible but it's more or less usable.  I haven't followed what else is more or less accessible, though there are programs that are more accessible.  They may or may not be as good but you may or may not want to use the less accessible choice, Avast.

I know I have seen this discussed before but didn't need to follow the thread at that time.

How accessible is Avast?  Is it better than AVG or not?

Thanks.

Dan beaver

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Its not accessible at all unless you disable half the protection. It protects itself so well screenreaders acannot get at the screen to even read and control it.
Its a catch 22, if you allow us in some nasty person will exploit it.
brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

I know I have seen this discussed before but didn't need to follow the thread at that time.

How accessible is Avast? Is it better than AVG or not?

Thanks.

Dan beaver

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Did you not have to download a removal tool?
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

Yes, for me it is better because at least I was able to remove it myself with no sighted help, but it is not so accessible anyway: I would not suggest it to anyone.

Il 13/12/2017 14:42, Dan Beaver ha scritto:
Hi,

I know I have seen this discussed before but didn't need to follow the thread at
that time.

How accessible is Avast? Is it better than AVG or not?

Thanks.

Dan beaver

Mail priva di virus. www.avg.com

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

Angela Delicata

NO, actually, I was able to remove Avast with no removing tool: I used screen reader with the help of Braille display and cursors.

All the Best
Angela from Italy

----- Original Message ----- From: "Angela Delicata" <angeladelicata@gmail.com>
Yes, for me it is better because at least I was able to remove it myself with no sighted help, but it is not so accessible anyway: I would not suggest it to anyone.

Il 13/12/2017 14:42, Dan Beaver ha scritto:
Hi,

I know I have seen this discussed before but didn't need to follow the thread at
that time.

How accessible is Avast?  Is it better than AVG or not?

Thanks.

Dan beaver

Mail priva di virus. www.avg.com

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

---
http://www.avg.com

Dejan Ristic

Let me say that Avast is more accessible when self-defence of the programme is turned off, which is not recommended by Avast!

On 13/12/2017 19:15, Sarah k Alawami wrote:
[...]

Ah I have no Braille here.