Topics

nvda OCR

Marisane Moruthanyana

Hi gentle people

I trust you are still well and safe from this invisible, evil corona.

I am trying to cope.

Please assist me.

I have a PDF file which seems to be an image.

I can OCR it with jaws.

However, nvda cannot do that.

I know that nvda+r is a keystroke to OCR PDF-imaged files.

It doesn't work for me.

It only does a small portion of the file.

How do I make OCR the whole file like jaws does?

Your assistance in this regard is appreciated in advance.

Regards
Marisane from SA

Gene

NVDA doesn't do entire files. It only does something like one page or one screen, I'm not sure.

I trust you are still well and safe from this invisible, evil corona.

I am trying to cope.

Please assist me.

I have a PDF file which seems to be an image.

I can OCR it with jaws.

However, nvda cannot do that.

I know that nvda+r is a keystroke to OCR PDF-imaged files.

It doesn't work for me.

It only does a small portion of the file.

How do I make OCR the whole file like jaws does?

Your assistance in this regard is appreciated in advance.

Regards
Marisane from SA

Sean

The area where NVDA can perform OCR is the part that appears on the screen.
And it's not a fully functional OCR feature.
You must use an OCR software for this.
It can be, for example, Finereader.
Some PDFs can analyze Chrome well.
You can try.

--

Sean

👨‍🦯 I’m student and programmer. I coding often Python, sometimes Go and rarely C++.

Marisane Moruthanyana

that is waht I've noticed.

that is inconveniencing.

Thanks though.