Website Where NVDA does not read main article

Ron Canazzi

Hi Group,

I am using both Firefox and Edge browser.  When I visit the following website for a fix for the WIFI vulnerability, all I see under the article title located half way down the page are 9 links that when activated, go no where.  I wonder just what is going on and how it can be remedied.

https://techcrunch.com/2017/10/16/heres-what-you-can-do-to-protect-yourself-from-the-krack-wifi-vulnerability/

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Dan Kerstetter

I just had a look with both NVDA and JAWS 2018. The text of the article is below the "share" links and an advertisement frame.

HTH

Dan

I am using both Firefox and Edge browser. When I visit the following website for a fix for the WIFI vulnerability, all I see under the article title located half way down the page are 9 links that when activated, go no where. I wonder just what is going on and how it can be remedied.

https://techcrunch.com/2017/10/16/heres-what-you-can-do-to-protect-yourself-from-the-krack-wifi-vulnerability/

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

You might try entering something into a search engine that will make the actual page of the article come up.  Then if you follow the link, you may be placed on the page with the article available there.  I tried that when someone was having a problem two or three months ago getting to a page from the page the person was on.

Sent: Wednesday, December 13, 2017 1:06 PM

Hi Group,

I am using both Firefox and Edge browser.  When I visit the following
website for a fix for the WIFI vulnerability, all I see under the
article title located half way down the page are 9 links that when
activated, go no where.  I wonder just what is going on and how it can
be remedied.

https://techcrunch.com/2017/10/16/heres-what-you-can-do-to-protect-yourself-from-the-krack-wifi-vulnerability/

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

My suggestion evidently won't work in this case because this is the actual page of the article.  Did you read below the links?  there is a brief advertisement and I see the article below that.  I don't know what the links are supposed to do but let us know if you can see the article if you let the page read.

Sent: Wednesday, December 13, 2017 1:06 PM

Hi Group,

I am using both Firefox and Edge browser.  When I visit the following
website for a fix for the WIFI vulnerability, all I see under the
article title located half way down the page are 9 links that when
activated, go no where.  I wonder just what is going on and how it can
be remedied.

https://techcrunch.com/2017/10/16/heres-what-you-can-do-to-protect-yourself-from-the-krack-wifi-vulnerability/

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Ron Canazzi

Hi Group,

I guess I'm getting old.  The article body is way below the headers.  I saw the reference to the 'next article' about IBM devices and then the large advertisement and I got lazy and didn't read any further.  Sorry for the misinformation.

Sent: Wednesday, December 13, 2017 1:06 PM

Hi Group,

I am using both Firefox and Edge browser.  When I visit the following
website for a fix for the WIFI vulnerability, all I see under the
article title located half way down the page are 9 links that when
activated, go no where.  I wonder just what is going on and how it can
be remedied.

https://techcrunch.com/2017/10/16/heres-what-you-can-do-to-protect-yourself-from-the-krack-wifi-vulnerability/

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I'd put an ad blocker on this page the advert can seemingly upset screenreaders.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

I just had a look with both NVDA and JAWS 2018. The text of the article is below the "share" links and an advertisement frame.

HTH

Dan

I am using both Firefox and Edge browser. When I visit the following website for a fix for the WIFI vulnerability, all I see under the article title located half way down the page are 9 links that when activated, go no where. I wonder just what is going on and how it can be remedied.

https://techcrunch.com/2017/10/16/heres-what-you-can-do-to-protect-yourself-from-the-krack-wifi-vulnerability/

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

No the advert seems to change on that page at least it did in IE, Firefox did not see most of it due to the blocker or the way firefox works, don't did not investigate further. I find a lot of pages seem to have link link link all of which if clicked do sod all, but in reality probably put up some picture we can't see.