remote 2.0 issue

George McCoy <slr1bpz@...>

I am trying to control another computer using the remote 2.0 add-on.        I have control of the other computer but I get no speech on my end.  It acts like it does when the remote computer is muted but that is not the case.
My computer is running windows 7 home premium.  My friend’s computer is running windows 7 ultimate.  Both machines are running NVDA 2017.1.
I get the same behavior when I try to control my friend’s computer with my HP running windows 10 professional and NvDA 2017.3.
I’ve tried everything I can think of.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks very much,
George

John Isige

Are you running the same synth on both computers? I think it'll try to
deal with it if you're not, but the ideal is to have both copies of NVDA
set to use the same synth.

On 12/13/2017 15:38, George McCoy wrote:
I am trying to control another computer using the remote 2.0
add-on. I have control of the other computer but I get no
speech on my end. It acts like it does when the remote computer is
muted but that is not the case.
My computer is running windows 7 home premium. My friend’s computer
is running windows 7 ultimate. Both machines are running NVDA 2017.1.
I get the same behavior when I try to control my friend’s computer
with my HP running windows 10 professional and NvDA 2017.3.
I’ve tried everything I can think of. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks very much,
George

Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...>

Hi

Are they both using the remote 2.0 add on or is one a earlier version?

When ever i use the remote add on I hear speech from the other machine.

Out of curiosity on your menu have you some how checked mute remote as this might do it?

Gene nz

On 12/14/2017 10:42 AM, John Isige wrote:
[...]

Is he a braille use with a display? I am wondering if he has his speech set to no speech under the synth settings.

I am not a braille display user so am wondering if they turn it off instead of hearing speech?

maybe a braille display user can tell us.

[...]

Thanks for the help, John. No, they are running different synthesizers. I'll see if that makes a difference.

George

Are you running the same synth on both computers? I think it'll try to
deal with it if you're not, but the ideal is to have both copies of NVDA
set to use the same synth.

On 12/13/2017 15:38, George McCoy wrote:
I am trying to control another computer using the remote 2.0
add-on. I have control of the other computer but I get no
speech on my end. It acts like it does when the remote computer is
muted but that is not the case.
My computer is running windows 7 home premium. My friend’s computer
is running windows 7 ultimate. Both machines are running NVDA 2017.1.
I get the same behavior when I try to control my friend’s computer
with my HP running windows 10 professional and NvDA 2017.3.
I’ve tried everything I can think of. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks very much,
George

Rui Fontes

No, that do not make any difference...

Rui

-----Original Message----- From: John Isige
Sent: Wednesday, December 13, 2017 3:42 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

[...]

They are both running remote 2.0.  Mute remote is not checked on the controling computer.

George

--
Image NVDA
        certified expert

George McCoy <slr1bpz@...>

He is using a DECTalk express serial version with the DECTalk express add-on.  I am using the espeak ng synth that comes with NVDA.

[...]

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

He has to use a software synth for this to work I feel.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

[...]

I am wondering if it is the synth that he is using? Does it come through if he uses e speak or another synth package.

Is this the first time you have used the remote add on? as one pc with nvda has to be set to let my computer be control while the other is the opposite.

Plus you did connect to each other? you usually get a very loud beep then it is a matter of using the f11 key to jump to the remote machine. usually when i do this i also use the windows key + letter D to get to the desk top and hear it on my side.

The very first option are they both set to client?