choosing a new computer

Josh Kennedy

Hi

There is a much easier way to get rid of all new computer junkware and drivers at once.

  1. Go into settings.
  2. Go into update and security.
  3. Go into recovery.
  4. Click the link that says learn more about resetting this pc.
  5. Click yes to open windows defender security center when windows asks.
  6. Click get started and follow directions to wipe out all that junkware and have a nice fresh reinstalled and cleaned up and fully updated windows.

Josh

You shouldn't just get rid of every driver though.

Some of it is for hardware for the system, some are extra programs, you shouldn't just go and well get rid of everything.

In most systems mcafee, office, wild tangent etc.

Get rid of those and a few extras, you have the display and sound which I usually update.

Then I scroll through the apps, see what is usefull, see what isn't.

Remove a few things from startup.

If you blanketly clear everything you are liable to loose something important.

On 19/12/2017 1:50 a.m., Josh Kennedy wrote:
Hi
There is a much easier way to get rid of all new computer junkware and drivers at once.
1. Go into settings.
2. Go into update and security.
3. Go into recovery.
4. Click the link that says learn more about resetting this pc.
5. Click yes to open windows defender security center when windows asks.
6. Click get started and follow directions to wipe out all that junkware and have a nice fresh reinstalled and cleaned up and fully updated windows.
Josh

Josh Kennedy

In windows10 when you reset it and wipe it, it keeps your drivers and stuff. Most computers today use generic drivers that windows10 knows about and can find. So you reinstall or reset windows and it comes up talking and just works .

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

True but the generics are not always the best, I usually like to go through what I have to see if any of it is good