Sean

Google Keep has been great.

Thank you for your help.

On 24/08/2020 23:23, Arlene wrote:

Hi there: Why don’t you google it? I’m not sure when evernot came about. If you are still using xp and liking it. Just google it.  The reason I say this. People wil tell you that xp is too old and not secure enough.  If you know someone who will google it or you have some other device that you can use. Just google  your question.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: zahra
Sent: August 24, 2020 3:25 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Accessible note taking apps

does evernote support screen reader?

does it work on windows xp?

i need a program which i can write, or copy peist and have important

informations.

--

By God,

were I given all the seven heavens

with all they contain

in order that

I may disobey God

by depriving an ant

from the husk of a grain of barley,

I would not do it.

imam ali

--

Sean

👨‍🦯 I’m programmer. I coding often Python, sometimes Go and rarely C++.

Bruno Aníbal Prieto González

Try Sticky Notes, it is in all the computers with Windows 10. The
notes are synchronized in onenote if you want to see them from the
mobile.

> [...]

> On 23/08/2020 17:31, Akash Kakkar wrote:

>> Bro, what about accessibility? are they reasonably accessible?

>> On 8/23/2020 6:35 PM, Hope Williamson wrote:

>>> Hi, I use a service for saving links, which sounds like what your

>>> wanting to do, so you can go back and read them whenever you need to

>>> remember them. I use https://linklocker.co, but there are plenty of

>>> other services like this out there, such as https://pinboard.in.

>>>    These are web-based services, but they both work extremely well.

>>> I've had success with using both of them at times.

> --

>     Sean

>   * Email: seantolstoyevski@...

>     <mailto:seantolstoyevski@...>

>   * GitHub: SeanTolstoyevski <https://github.com/SeanTolstoyevski/>

> 👨‍🦯 I’m programmer. I coding often Python, sometimes Go and rarely C++.

Gabriel Pires Bonagio

Hello.
I use Notepad++ for programming purposes only, but it can be used for notetaking if you're really willing to make a very organized environment by yourself. It takes a good amount of effort, though. That's why notetaking apps exist, and they have so many diverse features.
I personally used Gooogle Keep both on my Android phone and in web, with Firefox, but it got inaccessible somewhere down the road, so I switched to the old school Notepad on Windows. Several weeks ago, i tried Google Keep with Chrome and it is pretty accessible again. More accessible than it was before, I could say.
You can label notes pretty easily, and link them in different ways based on those labels. Since it's web based, you can search them either through your browser's search function, or NVDA's. If you paste an URL, it links it so you can just click and voila.
I've only had trouble so far dealing with lists. Either it's not accessible or I'm doing something wrong. And for the purpose of exporting to plain text or HTML, it won't supply your needs with a press of a button, but you can always select the whole content of the edit box, copy it and paste it on a Notepad window pretty easily. I find it even easier than downloading stuff all the time.
Again, it's web based, so you won't be able to use it when you're offline, but something tells me that Chrome has some way of storing the page in cache, so you can load it whenever you're under a rock lol. And I encourage you to try using it with other browsers as well, just to see if they behave a little better, or worse or anything different.

Regards.

[...]

No, now I going test :) . Thanks.

On 23/08/2020 22:02, Greg Wocher wrote:
Hello,
Have you tried Google Keep? It use to be accessible but I am not sure now. I have not looked at it in a while.

Greg Wocher

On Aug 23, 2020, at 2:09 PM, Sean <s.tolstoyevski@...> wrote:

[...]

Tony Malykh

Hey,

My two cents. I use Notepad++ with NVDA Add-on IndentNav to organize plain text into sections. You just need to keep your sections indented, and then you can have as many sections and subsections as you wish. It is quite effective for me, and I often times have 1000+ lines files with my notes that I can still quickly navigate using this method.

HTH

--Tony

P.S. I'm the author of IndentNav.

On 8/23/2020 3:30 AM, Sean wrote:

Hi,

I research a lot of articles and I need to save this information regularly.
Some things I can forget over time.

I tried OneNote, Notes... and couldn't use it.

I am using windows 10.

Do you have any advice on this matter?

Features I expected:
    * to be able to search through the notes I have taken
    * export as html or txt

Stay healthy.

Sean

[...]

Hope Williamson

Most definitely! I wouldn't be using them if they weren't. Especially
because I use Linklocker every day, multiple times a day,  to either
save or retrieve something. I use it with Firefox and NVDA, and it works
well. I do have a Pinboard account, which is used to store my Twitter
favorites.

    pinboard is also very accessible. It's text and links. It could be
from the 90s.

Sean

[...]

Akash Kakkar

Bro, what about accessibility? are they reasonably accessible?

On 8/23/2020 6:35 PM, Hope Williamson wrote:
Hi, I use a service for saving links, which sounds like what your
wanting to do, so you can go back and read them whenever you need to
remember them. I use https://linklocker.co, but there are plenty of
other services like this out there, such as https://pinboard.in.

   These are web-based services, but they both work extremely well.
I've had success with using both of them at times.

Gerardo Corripio

Try Jart; it's free, and very accessible with NVDA.

Gera

El 23 ago 2020, a la(s) 5:50 a.m., zahra <nasrinkhaksar3@...> escribió:

sorry for the incorrect link for accessibility of notetab with nvda.
here you are the correct one.

On 8/23/20, zahra ayat <nasrinkhaksar3@...> wrote:
if you found a program which is accessible with nvda,
and be freeware and opensource program
and with support for unicode, please introduce me!
also, did you try notetab?
i believe its became accessible with nvda 2018.2
https://www.notetab.com

On 8/23/20, Sean <s.tolstoyevski@...> wrote:
These applications can be good for writing plaintext and code.
But bad options for note-taking.

On 23/08/2020 13:31, zahra wrote:
hello.
whats your idea about notepad plus plus?

[...]

Ian Blackburn

Brilliant this is a similar strategy to the way I did research for my masters thesis in 2012
I also had to convert huge numbers of PDF files imaged based are used a lot of tools including the strategies you discussed below regarding all the file management and notes management strategies
For a totally blind use a notepad on its own is one of the best tools
And example if you have a complex document in Word or webpage or something do you want to destroy all its formatting paste the information into notepad
That does it for you instantly
I’ve been doing this accessible document creation stuff for more than 20 or 30 years
Since about 1993
Regards Ian

On 23 Aug 2020, at 8:36 pm, David Griffith via groups.io <daj.griffith@...> wrote:

All through my PhD I pretty much used Windows Notepad  exclusively and, of course, for writing my actual Thesis Microsoft Word. Word/Excel was used for tables etc.

So my main research tool was notepad.

People may have different needs but as I am completely blind formatting was rarely an issue for me.

With Notepad I used the following procedure.

In Notepad Press F5 to automatically insert the date and time.

Then basically  type in any notes I needed.

Save it with a suitably clear filename in a pre-organised directory structure.

In the rare event I had loads of notes I would use *** as a virtual bookmarker  and simply use find to find the bookmark.

For Important websites I used the following procedure.

Again in Notepad press F5 to automatically store the date of website retrieval for reference purposes.

In your browser Alt D to jump to the address bar and then simply  control C to copy the address – alt tab to notepad and paste in the link.  Again  for accurate referencing purposes in your thesis.

Back to the browser I would then F6 back down to the web page and press select A and copy all the text of the web page to  the notepad file as well as a failsafe  in case the webpage goes offline etc.

In extremely rare circumstance if there were loads of headings / tables and navigation  was essential I simply save the web page for offline html reading.

As I say people’s needs may differ but I think the reading of content / analysis and then writing is probably more important than the tools used.

David G.

[...]

Richard Kuzma

I just use wordpad here for most of my notes

However, I deviced a heading thing.

What I do is put an asterisk at the beginning of the line for a heading to make it easy to search and move from topic to topic.

Hope this helps