Topics

Looking for newest vocalizer driver

Anne Günther

Hi
I finally updated my nvda. While "Vocalizer" works in general Nvda freezes completely in firefox as well as Thunderbird. I got the link to the driver from a message in this list from Febrauary. So I'm hoping there's a newer version where things work once more fine.
regards, Guenni

Rui Fontes

Hi!

The latest one is at:

https://www.tiflotecnia.net/Instal/vocalizer_expressive_driver-3.1.2.nvda-addon

But, your problem do not appear to be caused by our driver...

Can you specify better your problem with the Mozilla apps?

Best regards,

Customer support

Tiflotecnia, Lda.

Às 10:37 de 29/08/2020, Anne Günther escreveu:

Hi
I finally updated my nvda. While "Vocalizer" works in general Nvda freezes completely in firefox as well as Thunderbird. I got the link to the driver from a message in this list from Febrauary. So I'm hoping there's a newer version where things work once more fine.
regards, Guenni

Anne Günther

Hi,
thanks for your quick answer. Considering the problems stopped after I updated the driver addon. I'm pretty sure the driver was the reason for them, even if you don't think so. :-)
Now everything works fine once more.
regards, Guenni

darkmad88@...

Hello, Rui! This driver works almost fine in my case, but there is one issue: automatic language switching doesn't work in "Say all" mode. I tried different russian+english voice combinations andsettings for automatic lang switching. It works fine in all modes except "Say all". Is there a chance to fix this?
Best regards and thank you for your work!

Rui Fontes

Hello!

To start debugging, two questions:

1 - In what apps are you trying the automatic language switching with SayAll?

2 - Have you any NVDA profil to sayAll?

If so, check if automatic language switching is on.

Best regards,

Customer support

Tiflotecnia, Lda.

Às 13:52 de 23/12/2020, darkmad88@... escreveu:

Hello, Rui! This driver works almost fine in my case, but there is one issue: automatic language switching doesn't work in "Say all" mode. I tried different russian+english voice combinations andsettings for automatic lang switching. It works fine in all modes except "Say all". Is there a chance to fix this?
Best regards and thank you for your work!

darkmad88@...

Hello!
1.  Problem exists in any app i tried: Firefox(different versions), Chromium and some other Chromium-based browsers, Akelpad, Notepad, any edit field in Windows explorer, Total Commander.
2.I have no special profile for "Say all". Even a creation of clean user config for NVDA without any other addons does not help. Also there is no difference if i use installed or portable copy of NVDA.
Thank you for so quick answer.

Rui Fontes

Hello!

Please, note that our automatic language switching system only works between languages belonging to different groups of characters used, by instance from hebrew to english, english to chinese and so on...

To other changes, by instance from english to portuguese, it relies on the NVDA automatic language switcing method, and this one relies in the app information... Some apps that inform the screen reader to change language are Word, browsers, Acrobate and some others...

Those apps only can request a language change if the text author have correctly marked that...

If you can send us some examples where the automatic language switching does not work...

Rui Fontes

Tiflotecnia, Lda.

Às 17:32 de 23/12/2020, darkmad88@... escreveu:

Hello!
1.  Problem exists in any app i tried: Firefox(different versions), Chromium and some other Chromium-based browsers, Akelpad, Notepad, any edit field in Windows explorer, Total Commander.
2.I have no special profile for "Say all". Even a creation of clean user config for NVDA without any other addons does not help. Also there is no difference if i use installed or portable copy of NVDA.
Thank you for so quick answer.

darkmad88@...

Hello!
Yes, i use russian+english language pair, so they have different character sets, latin and cyrillic.For example, you can try to read any russian site, 3dnews.ru, yandex.ru and so on. Or you can  set some of russian voices as default, correctly configure auto lang switching, and then type some english text in notepad. Then, if you will move between strings of entered text using arrows, NVDA will use english voice, previously selected for english language in auto lang switching configuration dialog, but if you'll use "say all", it will read this text with russian default voice. I also need to say, that in older versions of driver(3.0.x), there was no same issue and auto lang switching works fine everywhere, including "Say all".
I have very beginner's skills in programming, but tried to investigate what happens when i use "Say all". I found patchedSpeak function in _init.py file, located in Vocalizer driver folder and added "tones.beep(100, 100)" in it, and also "import tones" at the beginning of this file. I found that in version 3.1.2 there is no call to this function when using "Say all" (no beep occurs), and in version 3.0.8, when i use "say all", a beep occurs indicating that function patchedSpeak is called. Maybe, this information will be useful for you.

mohammad suliman

Hello,
I have experienced a similar bug with the latest driver. Note also that previous versions doesn't havthis issue as has been stated.
Thanks

On Wed, 23 Dec 2020 at 21:17 <darkmad88@...> wrote:
[...]

Socheat Muth

@Rui, is the driver being updated? Saw 3.1.2 has been out for a long time now.

On 12/24/2020 9:22 PM, mohammad suliman wrote:
[...]

No, that is still the last version...

I have already performed some tests and it seems the problem is with the language used in NVDA interface...

Going to investigate further, since sayAll and sayLine are not treated in exactly the same way...

Rui Fontes

Tiflotecnia, Lda.