From: JM Casey
Sent: September 6, 2020 8:29 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] I had a good scare

You can also type “desktop” from the run dialogue box if you need to. It works like the “downloads” and “documents” libraries/folders in that sense.

From: "Ron Canazzi" <aa2vm@...>
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Date: Sun, 6 Sep 2020 00:40:11 -0400

Hi Group,

In Windows ten itself, with the icons showing and with the search bar
displayed, you also see a show desktop button. This is a toggle and if
the icons are showing and you press this button, the desktop icons will
disappear. Not to worry though: just tab around until you see the
button again and press it and the icons will magically <laugh>
reappear. You can also access this feature by moving to the desktop
and deselecting any items and then using the context menu (right click)
and choosing view and unchecking the item that says 'show desktop icons.'

I don't know what advantage this is for sighted people, but there must
be some.

On 9/6/2020 12:03 AM, Arlene wrote:

Hi list: Tonight when I took a windows update, I had a real scare! I
had no desktop icon. When I hit windows X I snooped around in there
and there I found desktop. I hit it and the Icon came back. If that
happens to you you hit windows x arrow around until you find it.When
you hear desktop, hit enter and you are there. Hit start menue to make
sure you have the icon and it will be there. Then you will find your
desktop icon.

Windows 10

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Arlene

Well, that’s good to know. I just went to windows x. I found it that way.  Someone told me when I got this computer. I forgot about it until now. When I took the update the icon was gone. But it’s back.