Topics

Update on previously mentioned issue with single-letter navigation

Quentin Christensen

I don't recall the original issue (it's good to post updates like this as a reply to the earlier thread so people can follow back what has previously happened).  in any case, a couple of questions:

- What browser(s) and version(s) are you using?
- What NVDA add-ons are you using?

If you press NVDA+Q, down arrow to "Restart with add-ons disabled" and press ENTER, does single letter navigation (with speak typed characters on) still lag?

I just tried it here both with NVDA 2020.2 and NVDA alpha-20876,213a3c2d and I'm not getting any lag navigating in either Chrome or Firefox.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Thu, Sep 10, 2020 at 12:20 PM Sharni-Lee Ward <sharni-lee.ward@...> wrote:
I stated back when I first updated to the latest version of NVDA that I
was getting a delayed response when using single-letter navigation,
where I would press the key and would have to wait half a second to hear
the cursor's new position. I turned off "Speak Typed Characters" for an
unrelated reason this morning, and when using single-letter navigation
on the desktop, the response was immediate.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Sharni-Lee Ward