Vocalizer from Tifloteknia

Chris Shook <chris0309@...>

Hi,
Is there any news on when the new vocalizer foices Ie, Nathan, Oliver, Kate, etc. will be available from Tifloteknia?
Thanks
Chris

Rui Fontes

Soon...

Regards,

Rui Fontes
Tiflotecnia, Lda.

Às 14:52 de 20/12/2017, Chris Shook escreveu:

Hi,
Is there any news on when the new vocalizer foices Ie, Nathan, Oliver, Kate, etc. will be available from Tifloteknia?
Thanks
Chris

Gerardo Corripio

That’ll be something to look forward to. I’m especially looking forward to Spanish Chile’s Francisca, and if they’ll English US. Voices too, expanding these, especially for differemt voices in different situations (daily use, leisure reading…). Keep us posted!

Gera
Enviado desde mi iPhone 5S de Telcel

El 20/12/2017, a la(s) 9:06 a. m., Rui Fontes <rui.fontes@tiflotecnia.com> escribió:

Soon...

Regards,

Rui Fontes
Tiflotecnia, Lda.

Às 14:52 de 20/12/2017, Chris Shook escreveu:
Hi,
Is there any news on when the new vocalizer foices Ie, Nathan, Oliver, Kate, etc. will be available from Tifloteknia?
Thanks
Chris

Nimer Jaber

This message is sent outside of my moderator's role.

do not believe that this is the case. We have been hearing about this coming for a long, long, long time now... years actually. I would advise anyone wishing to purchase Vocalizer to purchase the one not by Ruie or his company. There is another out there that I think atguys sells that I would recommend. Shame on any company who keeps on misleading its customers in the way as has been done about this product and on this list. If it comes out I will apologize for my harsh message, but no evidence so far indicates that this product is actually coming.

--
Cordially,

Nimer Jaber

My mission is to bring love and peace to everyone around me with all tools available to me.
My core values are integrity, innovation, loyalty, excellence, and 100% personal responsibility.

up to you. Thanks.

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

and above, please click here:
http://www.nvda-project.org

To contact me, you can reply to this email or you may call me at (218-606-0475) and I will do my best to respond to you promptly. Thank
you, and have a great day!

Lino Morales

I 100000 percent agree with you Nimir. Who can you buy the other Vocalizer ones you mention here?

--
Cordially,

Nimer Jaber

My mission is to bring love and peace to everyone around me with all tools available to me.
My core values are integrity, innovation, loyalty, excellence, and 100% personal responsibility.

up to you. Thanks.

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

and above, please click here:
http://www.nvda-project.org

To contact me, you can reply to this email or you may call me at (218-606-0475) and I will do my best to respond to you promptly. Thank
you, and have a great day!

Iván Novegil

Other companies add to their addons exe files that we don't know what they are doing. Furthermore, the exe file itself uses machine resources. These are some inconvenients of buying Vocalizer with other companies. Better said, other company, I don't know mor than one.

Regards.

Iván Novegil Cancelas
Editor
ivan.novegil@...

- www.NVDA.es

Usuario do NVDA en galego

***Note que a anterior mensaxe e/ou os seus adxuntos pode conter información privada ou confidencial. O emprego da información desta mensaxe e/ou dos seus adxuntos está reservado ao ámbito privado do destinatario agás autorización do remitente. Se recibiu esta mensaxe por erro comuníqueo por esta mesma vía e destrúa a mensaxe.***
O 21/12/2017 á(s) 4:22, Nimer Jaber escribiu:

--
Cordially,

Nimer Jaber

My mission is to bring love and peace to everyone around me with all tools available to me.
My core values are integrity, innovation, loyalty, excellence, and 100% personal responsibility.

up to you. Thanks.

Registered Linux User 529141.
http://counter.li.org/

and above, please click here:
http://www.nvda-project.org

To contact me, you can reply to this email or you may call me at (218-606-0475) and I will do my best to respond to you promptly. Thank
you, and have a great day!

Nimer Jaber

At least other companies add features like voices that users have been requesting. And at least they don’t keep telling users that an update is coming for years and not delivering on that update. Again, I would like to say that I’m wrong. I would like to say that the product we are discussing will get updated in the features that users have been promised for a long time will be added. So far though, that is just not reality. And until it happens, I will keep coming out on this list and anywhere else that this product was discussed and I will keep telling users to avoid it. There’s really a very simple solution to this. Communicate with this list and let users of your product no why the promised update has not come yet. Continue to update them. Stop delivering promises that it is coming soon when it’s not. Stop giving timelines. However, timelines continue to be delivered. And we still don’t have an update. Not only do we not have the update, but we don’t have any reason why the update still taking as long as it is. Other than an email Wayback that said that they are running into a couple of issues that should be resolved very soon. Clearly there are still reasons why this product is not being delivered. And it’s ridiculous. You took a vantage of your users. You’ve taken years to update your product. User spent a lot of money on your product, the least you could do this update them on the progress of what is going on. Instead of promising them an update that has still not been delivered. I regret very much purchasing the product. I am a very to satisfied user. The level of support has been unprofessional. And the lack of software updates as bad. So I can’t recommend it. Sorry if anyone disagrees. Again, this message is being written outside of my role as an owner and a moderator of this listst, and my message does not represent nonvisual desktop access in any way.

--
[...]

Nimer, the product is almost ready to be released...

The major part missing is adaptation of the addons to all the changes in NVDA present and near future... We want our addons compatible with all versions of NVDA, at least at 2018.1...

Best regards,

Rui Fontes
Tiflotecnia, Lda.

-www.NVDA.es <http://www.NVDA.es>

--
[...]

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Although you obviously do feel passionate about this, I do feel that you might be close to upsetting somebody with this. whatever the rights and wrongs here, we do have to stay civil. There is no evidence of any wrongdoing, only lack of communication really.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

Editorivan.novegil@nvda.es

escribió:

[...]

Sylvie Duchateau

Hello all,

As a user of Vocalizer voices since more than 2 years, I don't have to complaint about this synthesiser.

I lost my license rights and after some e-mail exchanges with Tiflotecnia, we found a way to solve the problem.

I had no bad experience with them.

So let's wait till the new version comes, and let's see what happens.

Best regards

Sylvie

----- Original Message ----- From: "Nimer Jaber" <nimerjaber1@gmail.com>

escribió:

[...]

I totally agree with you sir. So come on Ruy deliver! I’ve thought buying your product, but I certainly won’t consider it now.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

--

[...]

Wait? We’ve waited long enough!

>>> escribió:

>>> Oliver,

>>> Kate, etc. will be available from Tifloteknia?

>>> --

>> Cordially,

>> Nimer Jaber

>> My mission is to bring love and peace to everyone around me with all

>> tools

>> available to me.

>> My core values are integrity, innovation, loyalty, excellence, and 100%

>> personal responsibility.

>> The message above is intended for the recipient to whom it was

>> addressed. If you believe that you are not the intended recipient,

>> please notify me via reply email and destroy all copies of this

>> correspondence. Action taken as a result of this email or its contents

>> by anyone other than the intended recipient(s) may result in civil or

>> criminal charges. I have checked this email and all corresponding

>> attachments for security threats. However, security of your machine is

>> up to you. Thanks.

>> Registered Linux User 529141.

>> http://counter.li.org/

>> To find out about a free and versatile screen reader for windows XP

>> and above, please click here:

>> http://www.nvda-project.org

>> You can follow @nimerjaber on Twitter for the latest technology news.

>> To contact me, you can reply to this email or you may call me at

>> (218-606-0475) and I will do my best to respond to you promptly. Thank

>> you, and have a great day!

John Isige

I'm curious, we have two other ones now, or versions of the same thing,
the SAPI5 version and the combined NVDA addon. Do either of those have
these new voices or whatever everybody wants?

On 12/21/2017 12:03, Lino Morales wrote:

Wait? We’ve waited long enough!

Windows 10

escribió:
[...]

JM Casey <crystallogic@...>

HI.

I'm also curious. I started using nVDA with the Microsoft Core voices, but I would rather like to switch to Vocalizer. With all the back-and-forth going on here -- what add-on should I actaully acquire/pay for?

escribió:
[...]

Our strongs are the better technical support and better automatic language switcher...

You, as a costumer, choose what you want to buy...

Best regards,

Rui Fontes
Tiflotecnia, Lda.

escribió:
[...]

I have Rui's addon and have no issues with it, accept I stupidly forgot
to unlicense it when I had to reset Windows so I lost a license. I guess
if there are new voices and stuff that would be a cool update, but I
also get having to update the addon for NVDA and that taking time. I
mostly use SAPI Eloquence nowadays but I still use Vocalizer, especially
if I'm dealing with other languages. I haven't tried either the SAPI
vocalizer or the combined Vocalizer and Eloquence addon, since I already
have them both, I don't see much sense in paying for them again. If I
did I'd probably just get SAPI Vocalizer to go with SAPI Eloquence,
because I'd be able to use it in more situations. I guess I haven't kept
track of what's happening with Vocalizer voices so I could get all angry
that I don' have an update yet, so it works fine for me.

escribió:
[...]

Thanks John. Makes sense. I don't need a big variety of voices to play with or anything like that. I'm mostly ok with just using Daniel all of the time, in fact. Sounds like going to the SAPI version would be quite sensible. I found two different vocalizer add-ons from the NVDA synths page (I think ... this was a while back actually) and as far as I know neither of them mention SAPI. Should I be looking in a different place?

escribió:
[...]

Hello!

Vocalizer in SAPI5, I only know:
www.kobaspeech.com

or
https://harposoftware.com

I heard about one from CodeFactory, but could not find it in their site:
http://codefactoryglobal.com/app-store/

Regards,

Rui Fontes
Tiflotecnia, Lda.

escribió:
[...]

Well, it really depends on what you want to do with it. As an example,
while a SAPI version lets you use it in whatever can use SAPI voices,
you lose a very important thing that you get with the NVDA addon. With
the addon, you could install a copy of NVDA to a USB drive, license that
copy, and have that voice wherever you go.

You can't do that with SAPI because you actually have to install the
voice on each new machine, and then license it. You can remove the
license when you're done of course, but you still have to have the
rights to install a SAPI voice. With the NVDA addon licensed to a USB
drive, you get that voice on anything that will run that copy of NVDA.
So here we go with links.

NVDA addon:

https://vocalizer-nvda.com/

Combined Eloquence and Vocalizer addon, supposedly these synths have
issues for some people, I've never tried them.

http://www.atguys.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=20&products_id=231

Vocalizer SAPI voices, again, haven't tried them.

http://www.atguys.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=20&products_id=242

SAPI Eloquence, I run this, works fine.

http://www.atguys.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=20&products_id=216

Here's a site in the UK, in case that's where you live, selling at least
the SAPI Eloquence and Vocalizer, although I don't necessarily see where
to buy anything. I think the guy who runs this posts here from time to
time though.

http://www.comproom.co.uk/software-downloads-trials-and-updates/

escribió:
[...]

Gene

The problem is with the Eloquence voice, not with the others available in the add on.  I tried the add on when it first came out and the problems were there, a lot of annoying artifacts in Eloquence.  I haven't seen anything indicating that the problem has been corrected and I saw complaints about the artifacts about six or eight months ago.  So they are very likely still there.  But you can try a demo and see.