Going to the system tray

Morne van der Merwe

Hello listers,

Firstly, sorry for the stupid question. I’ve been using NVDA for only the past few days.

Is there a hotkey to go to the system tray?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards

Morné

David Griffith

Not a stupid question.

Windows B to go to the system tray. There hitting space  on the notification chevron should reveal all icons that you can review with left and right keys.

David Griffith

My Blind Access and Guide dog Blog
http://dgriffithblog.wordpress.com/
My Blind hammer Blog

Firstly, sorry for the stupid question. I’ve been using NVDA for only the past few days.

Is there a hotkey to go to the system tray?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards

Morné

Devin Prater

To go to the system tray:
  • Press Windows key+B
  • Navigate with the left or right arrow keys
  • Press enter to left click, or activate the item
  • Press the applications key to right click, or open a menu for the selected item

Devin Prater
Assistive Technology Instructor

, Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and Powerpoint instructor certified by World Services for the Blind

On Dec 20, 2017, at 1:00 PM, Morne van der Merwe <mornevdmerwe@...> wrote:

Hello listers,

Firstly, sorry for the stupid question. I’ve been using NVDA for only the past few days.

Is there a hotkey to go to the system tray?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards
Morné

Lino Morales

Yup. Just simply hit WIN key plus B. Welcome to the NVDA family.

On 12/20/2017 2:00 PM, Morne van der Merwe wrote:

Hello listers,

Firstly, sorry for the stupid question. I’ve been using NVDA for only the past few days.

Is there a hotkey to go to the system tray?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards

Morné

Richard Bartholomew

Hi,

You can use the Windows method of Winkey+B

Firstly, sorry for the stupid question. I’ve been using NVDA for only the past few days.

Is there a hotkey to go to the system tray?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards

Morné

Peter Beasley

Use the standard Windows command which is Windows key B.

Sent: Wednesday, December 20, 2017 7:00 PM

Hello listers,

Firstly, sorry for the stupid question. I’ve been using NVDA for only the past few days.

Is there a hotkey to go to the system tray?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards

Morné

John Isige

There's also an addon that uses nvda-f11 similar to JFW.

Use the standard Windows command which is Windows key B.
Firstly, sorry for the stupid question. I’ve been using NVDA for only
the past few days.

Is there a hotkey to go to the system tray?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards

Morné

Chris Mullins

Note also that these are Windows commands, nothing to do with NVDA.

CheersChris

Firstly, sorry for the stupid question. I’ve been using NVDA for only the past few days.

Is there a hotkey to go to the system tray?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards

Morné

Morne van der Merwe

Thanks listers. Yes, I feel quite at home in the nvda family. I waved my previous screen reader goodbye.

Thanks for all the replies and help.

Regards

Morne