Topics

NVDA and Zoom meetings with more than about 15 or 20 participants

Brian Moore

Hi all.  On saturday, I have to host a meeting with approximately 60 people.  I find that for some reason, the participant list in a zoom meeting doesn't scroll properly.  It will read the first 6 or 7 participants and then go silent.  Maximizing the window helps some but still if there are more than about 15 or 20 participants, it looses focus or something. Has anyone been able to work around this?  What if I have to mute the 40th participant because they have too much background noise which always seems to happen in larger groups?

Would be curious if anyone has found a way of dealing with this list when there are a lot of people.

Thanks.

Brian.

--
Contact me on skype: brian.moore
follow me on twitter:

Ralf Kefferpuetz

Hello,
Make sure the Zoom meeting is maximized itself. Then when opening the participants list with Alt-U, press Windows-upArrow to maximize this window as well. I can arrow now the list of participants without any probs.
To mute all in the room press Alt-M, no need to mute participant by participant.
Cheers,
Ralf

Hi all. On saturday, I have to host a meeting with approximately 60 people. I find that for some reason, the participant list in a zoom meeting doesn't scroll properly. It will read the first 6 or 7 participants and then go silent. Maximizing the window helps some but still if there are more than about 15 or 20 participants, it looses focus or something. Has anyone been able to work around this? What if I have to mute the 40th participant because they have too much background noise which always seems to happen in larger groups?

Would be curious if anyone has found a way of dealing with this list when there are a lot of people.

Thanks.

Brian.

--
Contact me on skype: brian.moore
follow me on twitter:
http://www.twitter.com/bmoore123

Luke Davis

Brian

Ralf's solution is probably what you need. But since we're talking about Zoom, in case you didn't know, there is a new and very useful sounding Zoom add-on for NVDA. It doesn't seem that it will help you with your issue, but it may help in other areas.

https://addons.nvda-project.org/./addons/zoomEnhancements.en.html

Luke

Brian Moore

Hi Ralph.  Thanks for this. I will give it a try.