From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Kevin Cussick via groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, September 23, 2020 3:56 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] How has NVDA benefitted you during the pandemic

on the back of this, I have used this screen reader since 2006 it was
a bit rough then but I stuck with it. I have used it for shopping zoom
and email at night I like the screen curtain feature and like the fact I use Rh voice on windows and android because of Scottish Alan anyway just thought I might chine in.

On 22/09/2020 23:00, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:
Hi, David,

NVDA has been my full-time screen reader now since2011. Last year I
did have a 90-dollar subscription for the jaws home license but
decided not to renew it. I watch movies on youtube, listen to music,
shop for books online and email. I'd also like to thank the NV Access
team for all the fine work they do to make NVDA the great screen
reader that it is. It keeps getting better all the time.

Rosemarie

On 9/22/2020 2:54 PM, David Moore wrote:

Like hope says below, I use nvda every day! I have used it 80% of the
time I am on the computer doing many tasks like browsing the internet
for information, using the Microsoft news app in Windows 10, watching
movies, listening to news, and on and on . Nvda is my full time
screen reader now. For the first time in years, I did not renew my
software maintenance agreement for Jaws. Nvda allows me to access the
latest news easily on browsers like brave, Microsoft edge, chrome,
water fox, and many more. Take care guys, and thank you for all you
do to give us a great screen reader that people all over the world can use for free!

On Mon, Sep 21, 2020, 9:15 PM Hope Williamson <webspinner@...
<mailto:webspinner@...>> wrote:

I'm not sure how to answer this question. I've used NVDA full time
since
2016, therefore it continues to benefit me daily.

Kevin Cussick

[...]

Ibrahim Abedrabbo

NVDA is the only screen reader I have on my laptop. In fact, I have not used any other screen reader since 2012. Pandemic or not, without NVDA I have no access to my computer. I appreciate the work of the NVDA developers and their philosophy of making screen access available to all blind and visually impaired people worldwide. For this reason, I made it a habit for the last several years to give a donation to NVDA each December as a humble contribution to its continued development.

Regards,

Ibrahim