use ocr addon on win 7
installed ocr_0.20120529.01.nvda-addon on my nvda master 14729
my os is win 7
when I press nvda + r on a picture and nvda announce ocr is down
but I can not see any ocr result
I don't have any dialog on win 7 like win 10
how can I see the result when I press nvda + r
thank you for much
Logo Kuo from Taiwan
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
Using the OCR addon, you need to use the review cursor to read the recognised text. I gave a quick tutorial in our In-Process newsletter last year: https://www.nvaccess.org/post/in-process-5th-october-2017/
Here are the steps from that article (note that the first one assumes you are doing it while reading the article, and I had included a test image with text in it after these steps):
Using the OCR Add-on
1. Press g to move to the next graphic. NVDA identifies it as “Test image for OCR graphic”.
2. Press NVDA+r. NVDA reports “Recognising”. After a pause, NVDA reports “Done”.
3. Although visually, the screen hasn’t changed, NVDA has placed the text recognised in the image in a “virtual document”. You can navigate around this using the review cursor. Press numpad plus (laptop: NVDA+shift+a) to read the whole document from the current point.
4. Press shift+numpad 7 (laptop: NVDA+control+home) to move to the top of the virtual document.
5. Press numpad 9 (laptop: NVDA+down arrow) to move through and read the text line by line.
On Fri, Dec 22, 2017 at 1:45 AM, 特種兵 <afreettears@...> wrote: