Nvda broken?

Matt Turner

Hi folks.

Every time I try to start up NVDA, I get a airer.

I've uninstalled/ reinstalled, but I still get the same thing.

Even when windows starts up, the sound plays, but nvda still gives and  airer.

Narrator reads, airer nvda.exe ok.

I get nothing about checking the nvda log.

Hi,
A few things first:
* Which NVDA version are (or were) you running?
* Which Windows release are you using?
* Do you have any add-ons installed?
Sounds like NVDA has encountered a major problem when trying to load something at startup. The thing is, we need your NVDA log output to determine what's up, and one way to get it is:
1. Open Run dialog (Windows+R).
2. Type "%temp%" (without quotes and exactly as shown) and press Enter.
3. Look for a file named "nvda.log" or "nvdaold.log".
4. Open the file and copy and paste everything you see in the reply.
Cheers,
Joseph

Every time I try to start up NVDA, I get a airer.

I've uninstalled/ reinstalled, but I still get the same thing.

Even when windows starts up, the sound plays, but nvda still gives and airer.

Narrator reads, airer nvda.exe ok.

I get nothing about checking the nvda log.

Matt Turner

Hi, I think I've fix it for now.

NVDA 2017.4, Windows 8.1 64 bit.

I've took a look at all the addons I had installed, and removed a few of them.

Starting up windows, NVDA starts up now. after removing said add-ons.

On 12/23/2017 4:24 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:

[...]

Glad it is fixed. Please flag us down if this happens again.
For reference: can you tell us which add-ons were causing issues?
Cheers,
Joseph

Every time I try to start up NVDA, I get a airer.

I've uninstalled/ reinstalled, but I still get the same thing.

Even when windows starts up, the sound plays, but nvda still gives and airer.

Narrator reads, airer nvda.exe ok.

I get nothing about checking the nvda log.

Matt Turner

Hi, I had a Eloquence addon.

I've wasn't sure if this addon was a legal one, so i've removed it.

I've had it on here for awhile, but I'll be buying the sapi5 one from codefactory.

On 12/23/2017 4:51 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi,
Glad it is fixed. Please flag us down if this happens again.
For reference: can you tell us which add-ons were causing issues?
Cheers,
Joseph

Every time I try to start up NVDA, I get a airer.

I've uninstalled/ reinstalled, but I still get the same thing.

Even when windows starts up, the sound plays, but nvda still gives and airer.

Narrator reads, airer nvda.exe ok.

I get nothing about checking the nvda log.

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Seems odd though if its been there for a while.
I know the IBM version of Eloquence works still, but being sappe 4 is a little, shall we say unsophisticated!

I'm not sure what it is about Eloquence that people like. To me, being a Brit it always sounds like it has a speech impediment. I much prefer espeak Quincy, but then I'm biased as i created the variant in the first place :-)
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

Every time I try to start up NVDA, I get a airer.

I've uninstalled/ reinstalled, but I still get the same thing.

Even when windows starts up, the sound plays, but nvda still gives and airer.

Narrator reads, airer nvda.exe ok.

I get nothing about checking the nvda log.

Gene

Whenever you discuss this question, you never put it in the context that I've discussed.  Have you ever tried to find out or kept track of how many people who don't like Eloquence or Via Voice are Brittish and how many are Americans?  The American speech is fine.  The brittish accent sounds like an american trying to imitate a Brittish accent and it's ludicrous.

I like Brittish accents and if Via Voice or Eloquence had a real Brittish accent, I might read with it some of the time.  But I never use the phony imitation accent.

Sent: Saturday, December 23, 2017 8:55 PM

briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
> I've wasn't sure if this addon was a legal one, so i've removed it.
>
> I've had it on here for awhile, but I'll be buying the sapi5 one from
> codefactory.
>

> On 12/23/2017 4:51 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:
>> Hi,
>> Glad it is fixed. Please flag us down if this happens again.
>> For reference: can you tell us which add-ons were causing issues?
>> Cheers,
>> Joseph

No indeed its definitely got back from the dentist every time I hear it, with part of its tongue still numb from the anaesthetic!