Speak Passwords

Andrea Sherry

This addon does not funtion on my system.

What information do you need to assist me to diagnose this issue?

This is Windows 10 Pro 1709. nvda_2017.4.

Andrea

--
Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Brad

Angela Delicata

Same here: I don't know how to make it work properly, sorry, but I am not so good in computer and at times things do not work as desired.

Sorry for bothering.

Regards.

Angela from Italy

Il 28/12/2017 07:15, Andrea Sherry ha scritto:
This addon does not funtion on my system.

What information do you need to assist me to diagnose this issue?

This is Windows 10 Pro 1709. nvda_2017.4.

Andrea

Tyler Spivey

Can you give me exact steps to reproduce the problem?
Which program are you using, and what do you hear while typing the password?

On 12/27/2017 10:15 PM, Andrea Sherry wrote:
This addon does not funtion on my system.

What information do you need to assist me to diagnose this issue?

This is Windows 10 Pro 1709. nvda_2017.4.

Andrea

Andrea Sherry

Turn on key echo and word echo.

Using Firefox latest stable rewlease.

Wanted to usewhen accessing my internet banking site.

When entering charactgers for password just hear star-star-star etc.

Looked in addons section of NVDA menu to see if was even installed.

All other addons informed me that they were running. Speak passwords just said installed.

Thanks for your reply.

Andrea

On 28/12/2017 9:40 PM, Tyler Spivey wrote:
Can you give me exact steps to reproduce the problem?
Which program are you using, and what do you hear while typing the password?
On 12/27/2017 10:15 PM, Andrea Sherry wrote:
This addon does not funtion on my system.

What information do you need to assist me to diagnose this issue?

This is Windows 10 Pro 1709. nvda_2017.4.

Andrea

--
Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Brad

Antony Stone

Tell us which banking site this is so we can try for ourselves - even without
having an account, we can still try the login system to see what it says.

As Tyler said "please give the exact steps to reproduce the problem" - that
means tell us everything we need to know (thanks for mentioning which browser)
so we can try to experience the problem too and hopefully help to solve it.

Thanks,

Antony.

On Thursday 28 December 2017 at 11:57:11, Andrea Sherry wrote:

[...]

What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.

Gene

I doubt the site matters.  the message said the status is installed and it doesn't say running.  I think that is the indicator of the problem, not the specific site.

Sent: Thursday, December 28, 2017 5:01 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Speak Passwords

--
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.

Gene

I just installed the add on and when I checked, it is shown as running.  So we definitely know that if it were running in your case, you would see it listed as such.

Sent: Thursday, December 28, 2017 5:01 AM

--
What do you get when you cross a joke with a rhetorical question?

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.

Gene

I just found out something interesting.  If you type characters into a password field, and move around in the field, you will still hear "star" spoken.  As you type, you will hear the characters you type.  So this password doesn't actually change anything your screen-reader is aware of on screen.  it changes what the character echo echoes, evidently, intercepting and sending the actual characters to the synthesizer earlier than they normally would be, before star would be sent to the synthesizer.

Sent: Thursday, December 28, 2017 5:01 AM

--

On 28/12/2017 10:01 PM, Antony Stone wrote:
[...]

Robert Mendoza

Hi, Anthony

I tested into three browser in Mozilla Firefox, Chrome, and Internet Explorer and it works fine Were you able to restart nvda, or perhaps to revert to factory default settings to work.

Robert Mendoza

On 12/29/2017 6:36 AM, Andrea Sherry wrote:
The address is:

https://www1.my.commbank.com.au/netbank/Portfolio/Home/Home.aspx?RID=HR8PRiWRxUOgZORYZXygLw&SID=diit2%2bv0sII%3d

Andrea

[...]

I meant Andrea not Anthony. Smile.