switching between languages

Morne van der Merwe

Hello listers,

Hope all is fine.

I really like the ability of NVDA to speak different language, especially Afrikaans, which is my native language. However, I can speak English and German and I receive messages in German sometimes. Is there a quick way to switch between Afrikaans, English and German?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards

Morne

Christo de Klerk

Yes, you can use the switch-synth add-on. It is brilliant. You can set it up to be able to switch with one keystroke to any of 6 languages/voices. I have set up mine so that I can easily switch among three English voices, Afrikaans and Dutch and I have one spare that I may still use for either Spanish or Norwegian.

Regards

Christo

On 2017/12/28 7:29 PM, Morne van der Merwe wrote:

Hello listers,

Hope all is fine.

I really like the ability of NVDA to speak different language, especially Afrikaans, which is my native language. However, I can speak English and German and I receive messages in German sometimes. Is there a quick way to switch between Afrikaans, English and German?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards

Morne

Gerardo Corripio <gera1027@...>

From another Synth Switch AddON user, it's great for bilinguals like myself for on the fly switching in my case, from Vocalizer Spanish Juan, to Vocalizer English US Tom.

--
Gera
Enviado desde Thunderbird

Morne van der Merwe

I will definitely search for the add-on. Currently I’m learning Scottish Gaelic and I was absolutely surprise to find it in the list of languages.

[...]

Christo, please contact me off list if you don’t mind. My email is

mornevdmerwe@...

Regards

Morne