Answering yes in the windows 10 games bar

Pranav Lal

Hi all,

I am trying to use the windows 10 games bar to record what is on my screen.
When I hit windows+g, I am asked if the current screen is a game. NVDA reads
the question to me but I am unable to answer it because the question
disappears. Is there a way of handling this?

Pranav

Sarah k Alawami

Actually there is a toggle that will let you record the game but I can't remember what it is. I think it's windows alt g and windows alt r to start and stop recording for upto an hour I think is what you can set that to.

Take care

On Dec 28, 2017, at 5:52 PM, Pranav Lal <pranav.lal@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi all,

I am trying to use the windows 10 games bar to record what is on my screen.
When I hit windows+g, I am asked if the current screen is a game. NVDA reads
the question to me but I am unable to answer it because the question
disappears. Is there a way of handling this?

Pranav

Pranav Lal

Thanks Sarah. Will the toggle work if I am unable to answer the initial
prompt?

Pranav

Sarah k Alawami

Sure it will. I have never answered the prompt. In fact I don't use the windows g key at all. Read the help docs and short cut keys found in the settings threin.