Topics

trying to find the tutorial for ripping CD's using NVDA

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, everyone,

I'm trying to find the tutorial for rippping CD's with windows media player using NVDA but I forgot what page it's on on the accessibility central site. I looked on the audio tutorials page but couldn't find it. What could I be missing?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

Robert Mendoza

Hi, Rosemary

I could have nothing to suggest with tutorial link but oftentimes used to rip CD into Windows Media player to my machine in this simple yet could practical to learn the most easy way approach rather. Here is the details below:
1. press the windows key and type in the keywords without quotes as Windows Media or media into search box.
2. Once the program open press Control plus 3 for Suggestion View, then right-click to use the context" select "moreOptions that will brings you to panel " of different Tab
3. To scroll around the tab press Control plus Tab key or Control plus Shift plus Tab keys then, look for Rip Music, then tabbing through to setup your preferences settings, etc. and then, press Okay to apply.
Enjoy!

Robert Mendoza

Hi, everyone,

I'm trying to find the tutorial for rippping CD's with windows media player using NVDA but I forgot what page it's on on the accessibility central site. I looked on the audio tutorials page but couldn't find it. What could I be missing?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, Robert,

Thanks very much. I hadn't done it in awhile so I had kind of forgotten how to do it.

Thanks again for your help.

Rosemarie

[...]

No worries, Rosemary! It's my pleasure to help as I can. Or, perhaps could give some more tweaks by others. But, those are the basic rules oftentimes I used with for ripping music. Smile.

Robert Mendoza

[...]

Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...>

Hi

there is none up there for windows media player. I did post a autio one for ripping cds to the list but is not on the website yet. there is a written one but still in draft sitting on the pc.

Not sure whether to add more to it or not. but that also includes ripping automatically with windows media player..

I can do a drop box for the audio one and or copy the draft into the email.

will look at posting both to the site in the next 24 hours or so to the nvda tutorials for other programs page.

Gene nz

Hi, everyone,

I'm trying to find the tutorial for rippping CD's with windows media player using NVDA but I forgot what page it's on on the accessibility central site. I looked on the audio tutorials page but couldn't find it. What could I be missing?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, Gene NZ,

I remember you giving us the link in a message but I don't have that message now. Thanks so much for putting it up on your site in advance.

Rosemarie

[...]

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Is there a reason why you want to use Windows Media player? I use CD-EX for this task. its made for it in fact.
Its also free!
No messing about, just get your wav or mp 3 files and it even seems to be able to use cddb and cd text to get info too.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

I'm trying to find the tutorial for rippping CD's with windows media player
using NVDA but I forgot what page it's on on the accessibility central site.
I looked on the audio tutorials page but couldn't find it. What could I be
missing?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

Arno Schuh

Windows Media Player uses its own database to fetch the CD info. That's different to FreeCDB, Music Brains or CDText. So WMP for me is an alternate source when CDEX and iTunes (still uses the GraceNote DB) didn't come back with a result.

Arno

Am Sonntag, 31. Dezember 2017 08:43 schrieb Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io <bglists=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io>:

Is there a reason why you want to use Windows Media player? I use
CD-EX for this task. its made for it in fact.
Its also free!
No messing about, just get your wav or mp 3 files and it even seems
to be able to use cddb and cd text to get info too.
Brian

Rosemarie Chavarria

I tried CDex and couldn't get it to work.

I'm trying to find the tutorial for rippping CD's with windows media
player
using NVDA but I forgot what page it's on on the accessibility central
site.
I looked on the audio tutorials page but couldn't find it. What could I be
missing?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...>

Hi

They just went up there is another emails to the page called recently updated to accessibilitycentral.net

Gene nz