Topics

internet problem

anthony borg

Hi list

I wonder if someone can help me please.

Evrytime I’m trying to access the internet it is telling me that surfer is not found. Besides that it is mentioning the proxy and firewall. Which it is something that I don’t know anything about it.

I hope that somebody would be able to explain to me what I should please.

Thanks in advance

Anthony

MJW <matthewjwilliams101@...>

Sounds more like a problem with your Internet connection (than an NVDA
glitch). Have you tried the usual tests to ensure you are connected
up properly? have you, for example, got another device such as a
smart phone or a tablet PC with which you could test your Internet
connection as well?
Good luck and let us know how you get on.
Best, Matt.

On 01/01/2018, anthony borg <anthonyborg001@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi list

I wonder if someone can help me please.

Evrytime I'm trying to access the internet it is telling me that surfer is
not found. Besides that it is mentioning the proxy and firewall. Which it
is
something that I don't know anything about it.

I hope that somebody would be able to explain to me what I should please.

Thanks in advance

Anthony

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, Anthony,

I used to have that problem when I was on verizon. In my case the modem got hot so I turned off the switch and left it alone overnight. The next morning all was fine again. Are you having some kind of outage in your area? Sometimes that happens here with Spectrum.

Rosemarie

Evrytime I’m trying to access the internet it is telling me that surfer is not found. Besides that it is mentioning the proxy and firewall. Which it is something that I don’t know anything about it.

I hope that somebody would be able to explain to me what I should please.

Thanks in advance

Anthony

Gene

That's a standard message you get when the browser can't find a site.  If you can't connect to any sites but you can send e-mails, you have an Internet connection.  There are things you can try but I'll let people with more technical knowledge discuss them.  If no one does or doesn't cover what I think should be covered or advises doing things I would advise against, I'll write again.

On 01/01/2018, anthony borg <anthonyborg001@...> wrote:
> Hi list
>
> I wonder if someone can help me please.
>
> Evrytime I'm trying to access the internet it is telling me that surfer is
> not found. Besides that it is mentioning the proxy and firewall. Which it
> is
> something that I don't know anything about it.
>
> I hope that somebody would be able to explain to me what I should please.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Anthony

Gene

If e-mail is being sent, there is an Internet connection.  There is no need to experiment with the connection.

Sent: Sunday, December 31, 2017 10:17 PM

Hi, Anthony,

I used to have that problem when I was on verizon. In my case the modem got hot so I turned off the switch and left it alone overnight. The next morning all was fine again. Are you having some kind of outage in your area? Sometimes that happens here with Spectrum.

Rosemarie

Evrytime I’m trying to access the internet it is telling me that surfer is not found. Besides that it is mentioning the proxy and firewall. Which it is something that I don’t know anything about it.

I hope that somebody would be able to explain to me what I should please.

Thanks in advance

Anthony

Dave Grossoehme

Good Afternoon:  I've been gone on vacation and just saw this message, so, It's possible has already given this solution.  Has this party tried resetting the modem?
Insider Dave