Topics

Issues with dropbox addon

Fernando Apan

Hi Everyone,

First of all, I hope you all are having a great year.

I'm experiensing a very extrainge problem with the firefox addon. It seems it hasn't been updated for a while. When I install it and press NVDA+alt+f I get this message: dropbox not found.

Would you please help me to figure out what could be happening?

Thanks in advance.

Fernando Apan.

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Well I reported this on Dropbox36, and its now on version 40.xx. Unfortunately this is not the only problem. They seem to have changed a lot of their web site as well making it quite hard to navigate for unexplained reasons with nvda.
Maybe somebody with the knowledge might like to look at this. I have in the past found there tech help quite good, but they seem, increasingly not to understand where a blind user has issues, which is a little sad.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, January 02, 2018 3:40 AM
Subject: [nvda] Issues with dropbox addon

Hi Everyone,

I'm experiensing a very extrainge problem with the firefox addon. It seems it hasn't been updated for a while. When I install it and press NVDA+alt+f I get this message: dropbox not found.

Thanks in advance.

Fernando Apan.

Fernando Apan

Good morning, Bryan.

Oh, I see. Well it's very unfortunate. Then we'll have to wait and see what happen.

Thanks for your responce.

Fernando Apan.

El 02/01/2018 a las 03:14 a.m., Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io escribió:
Well I reported this on Dropbox36, and its now on version 40.xx. Unfortunately this is not the only problem. They seem to have changed a lot of their web site as well making it quite hard to navigate for unexplained reasons with nvda.
Maybe somebody with the knowledge might like to look at this. I have in the past found there  tech help quite good, but they seem, increasingly not to understand where a blind user has issues, which is a little sad.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Fernando Apan" <ferapan@...>

Hi Everyone,

Thanks in advance.

Fernando Apan.

Roger Stewart

In the first place, the hotkey for the dropbox add on is NVDA + Alt + D and not F. Second, dropbox not found may just mean it's icon isn't showing in the system tray and you need to go to settings, personalization, then choose which icons appear in the system tray and make sure dropbox is turned on. This should fix it.

Roger

On 1/1/2018 9:40 PM, Fernando Apan wrote:
Hi Everyone,

Thanks in advance.

Fernando Apan.

Fernando Apan

Oops, sorry. I ment to write D in stead of F, that was my mistake. But in fact, the icon is there, because I can see it from the system trade. It's just that NVDA doesn't read the dropbox sttatus.
Cheers.

Fernando Apan.

In the first place, the hotkey for the dropbox add on is NVDA + Alt + D and not F. Second, dropbox not found may just mean it's icon isn't showing in the system tray and you need to go to settings, personalization, then choose which icons appear in the system tray and make sure dropbox is turned on. This should fix it.

Roger

Hi Everyone,

Thanks in advance.

Fernando Apan.

Please everyone if you are getting issues, tell them about it. I don't think they are anti us, just not really very aware of the issues like so many companies these days.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.

Sent: Tuesday, January 02, 2018 12:41 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Issues with dropbox addon

Good morning, Bryan.

Oh, I see. Well it's very unfortunate. Then we'll have to wait and see what happen.

Thanks for your responce.

Fernando Apan.

El 02/01/2018 a las 03:14 a.m., Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io escribió:
Maybe somebody with the knowledge might like to look at this. I have in the past found there tech help quite good, but they seem, increasingly not to understand where a blind user has issues, which is a little sad.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Fernando Apan" <ferapan@...>

Hi Everyone,

Thanks in advance.

Fernando Apan.

Yes but parts of the menu and options still do not read well.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.

Sent: Tuesday, January 02, 2018 8:11 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Issues with dropbox addon

Roger

Hi Everyone,

Thanks in advance.

Fernando Apan.

Roger Stewart

This is very strange and may be related to your system only as I'm having no problems with it here.

Roger

On 1/2/2018 3:36 PM, Fernando Apan wrote:
Oops, sorry. I ment to write D in stead of F, that was my mistake. But in fact, the icon is there, because I can see it from the system trade. It's just that NVDA doesn't read the dropbox sttatus.
Cheers.

Fernando Apan.

Roger

Hi Everyone,

Thanks in advance.

Fernando Apan.