Quick Dictionary with automatic switching of synthesizers for selected languages #addonrelease

Oleksandr Gryshchenko

Hi friends,
I added to the add-on the ability to manipulate the profiles of voice synthesizers and associate them with selected languages.
If you enable and configure this function, the received dictionary articles will be sounded by the voice synthesizers of your choice.
An example for the implementation of this possibility was the Switch Synth add-on. Thanks to its author Tyler Spivey for a great idea.

Also added the ability to download current list of available languages from the online dictionary.

Thanks to Cagri Dogan, a translation into Turkish has been added.
At the same time, updated translations and ReadMe documents in English and Ukrainian.

Friends, I'm very grateful to everyone who makes translations and leaves feedback and wishes about this project!

You can download the updated version by following the link below:
https://github.com/grisov/quickDictionary/releases/download/v1.2/quickDictionary-1.2.nvda-addon

p.s. I remember the request to add Arabic and Tamil.
Therefore, in the next version I plan to add the ability to use different online dictionaries and switch between them.

I wish everyone a good week!
Oleksandr

Oleksandr Gryshchenko

Hi friends,

If someone uses online dictionaries - I offer an updated version of Quick Dictionary add-on :)
Many significant changes have been made to this release.
The biggest change is that the add-on's capabilities can now be expanded by adding new online dictionaries and translation services.
Added dialog box for managing voice synthesizers profiles.
The full list of updates is listed below.

New dictionary service also supports Arabic, as it was previously requested here:
https://github.com/grisov/quickDictionary/issues/1

Changes in version 2.0:
* added the ability to connect other online dictionary services (now supported Lexicala and Yandex);
* added Lexicala service and its settings panel (supports 50 languages) - https://www.lexicala.com/
* added a dialog for choosing an online service from the list of available ones;
* added a command to get information about the selected service;
* added a dialog for working with profiles of voice synthesizers (supported operations Create/Change/Delete/Update/Save);
* implemented the procedure for switching to the previous voice synthesizer;
* implemented a parallel thread to monitor the state of the synthesizer ((improved switching of synthesizers when voicing a dictionary article));
* due to an increase in the number of functions in the add-on - help for commands is now displayed in a separate window;
* updated procedure for caching requests to online services;
* added add-on submenu to NVDA menu;
* updated ReadMe.

Please note that Lexicala Dictionaries only allows 300 free inquiries per day.
Therefore, if you plan to use this service - please register your own account.

You can download the updated version here:
https://github.com/grisov/quickDictionary/releases/download/v2.0/quickDictionary-2.0.nvda-addon

Have a nice week-end!
Oleksandr

soloman s

Dear sir,
I've been requesting you to include Tamil Language. Please let me know
if I could do anything to get things done though I am not into
technology related jobs.

--
With warm regards
Solomon S

hurrikennyandopo ...

Hi

thank you.

gene nz

On 12/12/2020 10:43 am, Oleksandr Gryshchenko wrote:
[...]

@Soloman
Yes, I remember your request.
Now that there is possibility to add other services, it will be easier to do.
Unfortunately, I have not yet found an online dictionary that supports Tamil :(
But I remember this issue.

@Gene
Thank you for your support! :)

Have a nice day! :)
Oleksandr

harshad solanki

does it supports hindi and gujarati languages?

On 12/12/2020, Oleksandr Gryshchenko <kita.zup+groups@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi friends,

@Soloman
Yes, I remember your request.
Now that there is possibility to add other services, it will be easier to
do.
Unfortunately, I have not yet found an online dictionary that supports Tamil
:(
But I remember this issue.

@Gene
Thank you for your support! :)

Have a nice day! :)
Oleksandr

Oleksandr Gryshchenko

Hello Harshad,

Yes, Lexicala dictionaries support Hindi (हिंदी).
But Gujarati isn't supported :(

You can find a full list of supported languages at:
https://www.lexicala.com/resources#fiftylanguages

Good luck!
Oleksandr

Ishant Rajput <ishantrajput11@...>

Hi, does Hindi language available in it?

Oleksandr Gryshchenko

Hi Ishant,

> does Hindi language available in it?

Yes, you can select it in the add-on settings panel:
1. Select Lexicala Dictionaries service: NVDA+Y, then F2.
2. Go to settings panel: NVDA+Y, then O.
3. In section "password" you can translate words and phrases from English to Hindi.

Or in section "global" you can choose Hindi as source language.
but not all target languages may be available in this section.
You can check the checkbox "Show all available translations" to view all available target languages.

Good luck!

Hi
Great add-on. I suggest you add an input box so people can type word or phrase to be looked up. The copy feature is nice, but I see there are cases such as a student asks me a strange word. That case, I must open an editor, type in that word, highlight or copy, then press command to look up
Appreciated your work
Cuong

On 10/12/2020 4:31 AM, Oleksandr Gryshchenko wrote:
[...]

Rowen Cary

HI,

You are a great developer. I have some ideas and I hope to send you a private email. what should I do?
The email address in the add-on does not seem to be sent successfully.

On Sun, Dec 13, 2020 at 11:58 AM, Rowen Cary wrote:
I have some ideas and I hope to send you a private email. what should I do?
-
The messages you receive from this Groups.io group should contain a Reply to Sender mailto link at the bottom of each message, which will use the address the sender used when sending a message to the group.  That is the best and surest way to reply privately.

Oleksandr Gryshchenko

Hi friends,

@Cuong
> I suggest you add an input box so people can type word or phrase to be looked up.

Thank you for your feedback.
I added this feature and have already updated the add-on release.
Press NVDA+Y, then E or activate menu item "Edit text before sending...".
In the dialog you can prepare the text to send to the online dictionary.

Version 2.0-dev here:
https://github.com/grisov/quickDictionary/releases/download/v2.0/quickDictionary-2.0.nvda-addon

@Rowen
I sent you a private message.
I just checked - the address specified in the add-on works. May be this was a temporary problem.

@Brian
Thank you for your help.

Good luck to everyone!
Oleksandr