Topics

NVDA crashed on a friend's computer

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, Quentin,

I think we did get the problem solved for the time being. I suggested that she calls the Microsoft disability line tomorrow. Maybe they might be able to help her further.

Rosemarie

If she presses control+alt+n does she hear the NVDA startup sound?  If she does, and there is no speech, then as Chris suggested, it could be she has disabled speech inadvertently.  In that case, she could press NVDA+control+r three times quickly to reset NVDA back to factory defaults.

If NVDA isn't running, she could press WINDOWS+CONTROL+ENTER to start Narrator to find it.

On Sat, Oct 17, 2020 at 3:15 AM Rosemarie Chavarria <knitqueen2007@...> wrote:
Hi, everyone,

A friend of mine is having a problem with her computer and NVDA
crashing. She just called me and said when she turns on her computer,
she gets the windows sounds but no speech. I had her do a couple of
things like hitting alt control N to bring NVDA back up. I also had her
hit her windows logo key and type NVDA in the search box. Nothing we did
brought NVDA back up. What can she try?

Thanks so much for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Quentin Christensen

[...]

Chris

Maybe speech mode has been turned off

Try nvda+S to cycle through the three speech odes

Talk , beeps and off