Topics

Partial NVDA shut down after Add-on Updater performs an update

Louise Pfau

Hi.  The second NVDA icon didn't go away until I pressed the APPLICATIONS key while I was focused on it.  Interestingly, when "Add-on Updater" indicated that there was an update, pressing ALT+TAB to cycle to the "Welcome" dialog to dismiss it before performing the update resulted in the "Update" dialog being titled as the "Welcome" dialog.

Thanks,

Louise

Jaffar Sidek

Hi Joseph.  Mine did shut down partially too, but it's all ok after a few seconds.  Cheers!

On 17/10/2020 3:53 am, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi,

The notification icon isn’t cleaned up properly, something that can be fixed by right-clicking both icons. I may need to test your scenario (Add-on Updater running while NVDA welcome dialog is open), but my guess is that it has no impact.

Cheers,

Joseph