Topics

Partial NVDA shut down after Add-on Updater performs an update

Louise Pfau

Hi.  The second NVDA icon didn't go away until I pressed the APPLICATIONS key while I was focused on it.  Interestingly, when "Add-on Updater" indicated that there was an update, pressing ALT+TAB to cycle to the "Welcome" dialog to dismiss it before performing the update resulted in the "Update" dialog being titled as the "Welcome" dialog.

Thanks,

Louise

Jaffar Sidek

Hi Joseph.  Mine did shut down partially too, but it's all ok after a few seconds.  Cheers!

On 17/10/2020 3:53 am, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi,

The notification icon isn’t cleaned up properly, something that can be fixed by right-clicking both icons. I may need to test your scenario (Add-on Updater running while NVDA welcome dialog is open), but my guess is that it has no impact.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Louise Pfau
Sent: Friday, October 16, 2020 12:39 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Partial NVDA shut down after Add-on Updater performs an update

Hi.  When "NVDA Add-on Updater" performs an update and requires NVDA to restart, 2 NVDA icons appear in the system tray when the program restarts.  I think this could have something to do with the fact that "NVDA Add-on Updater" doesn't allow dismissal of the "Welcome" dialog before performing the update, so there is a partial shut down of the program.  Is there a way to fix this?  I've disabled the "Welcome" dialog for now.

Thanks,

Louise

Hi,

The notification icon isn’t cleaned up properly, something that can be fixed by right-clicking both icons. I may need to test your scenario (Add-on Updater running while NVDA welcome dialog is open), but my guess is that it has no impact.

Cheers,

Joseph

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Louise Pfau
Sent: Friday, October 16, 2020 12:39 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Partial NVDA shut down after Add-on Updater performs an update

Hi.  When "NVDA Add-on Updater" performs an update and requires NVDA to restart, 2 NVDA icons appear in the system tray when the program restarts.  I think this could have something to do with the fact that "NVDA Add-on Updater" doesn't allow dismissal of the "Welcome" dialog before performing the update, so there is a partial shut down of the program.  Is there a way to fix this?  I've disabled the "Welcome" dialog for now.

Thanks,

Louise

Louise Pfau

Thanks,

Louise