Topics

about balabolka and nvda.

hi every one.
i use balabolka and tried many versions of it.
but unfortunately i cant use it by nvda easily.
for example: when i want to select one character, one word, one line
and press shift left and right, shift control left and right, shift up
and shift down nvda does not announce anything and i cant understand
what do i am doing.
who can teach me to solve this problem?
thanks for your help and god bless you.

holy quran, chapter 7, verse 157.
al-islam.org

I've had little luck with this software either, so don't think its just you.

I suspect there is probably a distinct version which we have to use, but I do not know which it is and where to get it!
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

i use balabolka and tried many versions of it.
but unfortunately i cant use it by nvda easily.
for example: when i want to select one character, one word, one line
and press shift left and right, shift control left and right, shift up
and shift down nvda does not announce anything and i cant understand
what do i am doing.
who can teach me to solve this problem?
thanks for your help and god bless you.

holy quran, chapter 7, verse 157.
al-islam.org

hi every one.
i realy appreciate you if someone help me to learn how to use
balabolka, select words lines pages and copy and peist my selection.
i need working with pdf documents and now the only solution for me is
balabolka.
because sumatra is not accessible until now.
thanks so much and god bless you.

[...]

Hello,

Working with text from within Balabolka is not screen reader friendly. At least not when using NVDA.
But you can open a file (e.g. PDF) in Balabolka, select the whole text content with Control+A and copy it to the clipboard with Control+C. Note however, that NVDA will not report that you have selected any text. Then you can paste the copied text in some accessible text editor like Notepad, AkelPad, Notepad++, etc. and work with it from there.
Alternatively, after opening the file in Balabolka, you can save it to plain text file (*.txt) from menu File -> Save as in Balabolka and choose "Text File" from the "Save as type" combo box in the "Save as" dialog. Then you can opened the saved plain text (*.txt) file in any accessible plain text editor (Notepad, AkelPad, Notepad++, etc.) and work with it from there.
Note however, that Balabolka's text extraction methods don't preserve some formating information, including the page breaks and the pages get merged in one large file with in some cases no distinction between pages. In most cases however, there is at least one blank line between pages, so you'll be able to distinct them from one another.
Even with all those suggestions for workarounds however, I strongly suggest you to firstly try to open the PDF files in Acrobat Reader DC and work with the text from within it, before trying any other PDF viewer like Balabolka. Acrobat Reader DC is free and can be downloaded from Adobe's website. You can copy text from PDF files from Acrobat Reader DC, unless the PDF file in question is protected in a way that prevents text copying to work at all. But in such a case, I doubt that you be able to extract/copy text from such a PDF file even with another PDF viewer like Balabolka for example.

______
Best wishes,
Kostadin Kolev

На 20.3.2016 г. в 10:52, nasrin khaksar написа:

[...]

Ron Canazzi

Hi Group,

I have just opened a PDF file in Balabolka and I have had no problems
with reading, navigation or copy/paste.

I have used it in the past to convert lengthy text files and other
formats such as PDF, EPub and HTML to synthesized speech using the
Microsoft default voice of choice. I have the new legal Eloquence SAPI
5 version which does a great job of interacting with the software. On
older slower computers: XP and early Windows 7, I did have a problem
with the program crashing when I tried converting lengthy text and other
format files to speech. On my newer Windows 8.1 8 core with 16 GB RAM,
I have no such issues.

Just what types of problems are you people having with the interface?

On 3/20/2016 5:46 AM, Kostadin Kolev wrote:
[...]

thanks for your answer.
i have problem with selection.
in text editor like notepad, akelpad, wordpad i can press shift with
down arrow key and nvda say selection.
when i press control shift right i can select word and nvda reads my selection.
but unfortunately in balabolka does not say any of my selections and i
cant understand what do i do.

On 3/20/16, Ron Canazzi <aa2vm@...> wrote:
[...]

my problem is with selection and for this reason i dont know which
line or word i am selecting, shurely i cant copy peist my desires.

On 3/20/16, nasrin khaksar <nasrinkhaksar3@...> wrote:
[...]

written down with them in the Taurat and the Injeel [who] enjoins
them
holy quran, chapter 7, verse 157.
al-islam.org

holy quran, chapter 7, verse 157.
al-islam.org
holy quran, chapter 7, verse 157.
al-islam.org

Ron Canazzi

Hi Nafrin,

Once the file (of any usable format) is loaded into Balabolka, using the
same selection keystrokes as in any standard text editor do in fact
work. What you (and apparently others) are not comfortable with is the
lack of feedback from NVDA. JAWS and other screen readers do have this
feedback--at least in some programs.

Just keep using the same selection keystrokes as you are used to and if
necessary, paste the contents into a standard text editor or if for some
reason, you want to save them using Balabolka, then just use control + A
to select the whole document and then press control + shift + S for save
as and then follow the usual steps to save the entire document as a text
file.

On 3/20/2016 8:51 AM, nasrin khaksar wrote:
[...]

Hi Navrin,

Here is another approach. Since the document reads perfectly once
loaded,Move to the part of the file you wish to select and then use the
little mentioned NVDA mark and select keystrokes inert + F9 and insert +
F10.

Here is how to do it.

1. Move to the selection using standard navigation keystrokes.
2. On the very first character, press insert + F9 to set the start marker.
3. Move to the very last character of the text and then press insert +
f10. NVDA will say: review text copied to clipboard.
4. Then just paste the text anywhere you want.

On 3/20/2016 8:54 AM, nasrin khaksar wrote:
[...]

Gene NZ <hurrikennyandopo@...>

Hi

Is it the whole document you want to copy? If so once it is in balabulka and showing, if you just want to copy the text, and you want the whole document, use the ctrl key + the letter A. This will select the whole document. You can then use the ctrl key + the letter C to copy it to another document. Then it is a matter of pasing it in the new document with the CTRL key and the letter V

NVDA was reading what was copied into bulkbuka and i could use the CTRL keys + the left or right arrow key to go word by word and also the say all command.

As you mentioned I could not hear NVDA say when I was selecting text using the shift key. I am not sure if it is because I am on windows 10 doing it.

If you only want certain parts out of it, you could use the F9 key to start a mark oto mark where you want NVDA to copy from then go to the end of the area where you want nVDA to stop the mark which is at the end of the stuff you want. The NVDA key + the letter C will speak what is in the clipboard, once the F10 key has copied it there.

You can also use the text review or is it the review text commands. They are the ones on the numeric keypad.

The section in the user manual is 5.5. Reviewing Text
That section will give you all the keys you can use. This part of the manual is useful fo rread only stuff where it can not be copied the normal way.

hope this helps.

Gene nz

On 21-Mar-16 1:54 AM, nasrin khaksar wrote:
[...]

hi geen and ron.
your suggestion for using f9 and f10 is great and i have been forgotten it.
thanks extremely for your help and god bless you.

On 3/19/16, Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>
wrote:
[...]

good and forbids them evil, and makes lawful to them the good
things
and makes unlawful to them impure things, and removes from them
their
believe in him and honor him and help him, and follow the light
which

--
Check out my website for nvda tutorials and other blindness related material
at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net

holy quran, chapter 7, verse 157.
al-islam.org

i tried it and when i peisted my document the part which i selected my
selections were not peisted.

wrote:
[...]

burden and the shackles which were upon them; so [as for] those
who
believe in him and honor him and help him, and follow the light
which
holy quran, chapter 7, verse 157.
al-islam.org

holy quran, chapter 7, verse 157.
al-islam.org
--
Check out my website for nvda tutorials and other blindness related
material
at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net

holy quran, chapter 7, verse 157.
al-islam.org

holy quran, chapter 7, verse 157.
al-islam.org

Gene NZ <hurrikennyandopo@...>

Hi Moti

The way I usually read them is with the review text command in NVDA

On the numeric keypad, I will use the number one for previous character, the number 2 for current character and the number 3 for next character or in your case numbers. I am using a desktop pc and have the numeric keypad so this can be done.

Depending what it is in as well you might even be able to do it with the left and right arrow keys.

I think also some of the paid synths will do it, but i find the review text commands do the trick for me plus i can copy them if needed.

Gene nz

wrote:
[...]

Robert Mendoza

In addition, to ensure you copied the correct text or number you can press the nvda plus C. And, nvda will report if your copied text is done correctly before pasting it to text editor. hope this helps.

Robert Mendoza

wrote:
[...]

Its laggy, weird when selecting text and stops working for no apparent reason. However for straight text to speech, Dspeech seems to do all I want.
i have a suspicinion that on different flavours of windows, the program we are discussioing acts differently, and maybe there are some versions of the software that work on one windows set up and not on another, but life is just too short to have to mess with all of that.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

i use balabolka and tried many versions of it.
but unfortunately i cant use it by nvda easily.
for example: when i want to select one character, one word, one line
and press shift left and right, shift control left and right, shift up
and shift down nvda does not announce anything and i cant understand
what do i am doing.
who can teach me to solve this problem?
thanks for your help and god bless you.

holy quran, chapter 7, verse 157.
al-islam.org

No selection did not wpork as from xp onward.
I think the selection flag is not being sent to the screenreader correctly.
[...]

i use windows xp service pack 3 32 bit, my tts is espeak iven3, my ram
is two gb.