Topics

keep getting invalid addresses

marvin kotler

Good evening list.  I am having a problem, more or less.  When I click on a link in an email message for example someones in face book. I keep getting invalid address coming up.  I do not have this problem with our other friendly  screen reader.  This happens on any address in an email message.  Any help on this resolution of this issue would be appreciated; thanks in advance.  Running nvda 6.1,and/or jfw17internet explorer 11 is the brouser that comes up after entering on a link in the email message.

Brian's Mail list account BY <bglists@...>

Normally this seems to happen when links get broken in the email display. It might be that some other screenreaders are joining the bits together better than nvda can. I usually maximiset the window containing the link before I attempt to click it, then, usually it works.
What is the email client, or are you perhaps using some form of webmail in which case one might need to look at what the browser is doing differently.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
To: <nvda@groups.io>
Sent: Monday, March 21, 2016 6:20 AM
Subject: [nvda] keep getting invalid addresses

Good evening list. I am having a problem, more or less. When I click on a link in an email message for example someones in face book. I keep getting invalid address coming up. I do not have this problem with our other friendly screen reader. This happens on any address in an email message. Any help on this resolution of this issue would be appreciated; thanks in advance. Running nvda 6.1,and/or jfw17internet explorer 11 is the brouser that comes up after entering on a link in the email message.