Topics

locked test please read

The Gamages

Hello list members,
I am not receiving messages from the groups io list,  any response would be appreciated to  make sure my ISP is not blocking the messages, thank you
Best Regards, Jim.

Robert Mendoza

Got it, Jim!
Robert Mendoza
On 3/21/2016 4:33 PM, The Gamages wrote:

Hello list members,
I am not receiving messages from the groups io list,  any response would be appreciated to  make sure my ISP is not blocking the messages, thank you
Best Regards, Jim.

Helga Schreiber

Hi Jim. This is Helga! How are you? Your message is coming through th elist now! Hope to hear form you soon. Thanks and God bless!!

Helga Schreiber

Member of National Federation of the Blind and Florida Association of Blind Students.
Phone:  (561) 706-5950
Skype: helga.schreiber26
INT Website: http://int4life.com/

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16
Sent from my iPhone 6S running IOS 9.2.1

On Mar 21, 2016, at 4:33 AM, The Gamages <james.gamage@...> wrote:

Hello list members,
I am not receiving messages from the groups io list,  any response would be appreciated to  make sure my ISP is not blocking the messages, thank you
Best Regards, Jim.

P. Otter

hi jim your mail is laud and clear.
cheers
paul otter

I am not receiving messages from the groups io list,  any response would be appreciated to  make sure my ISP is not blocking the messages, thank you
Best Regards, Jim.

Well, I can see this message OK.
I'd see no reason for the bt servers to black list this particular list service myself.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

I am not receiving messages from the groups io list, any response would be
appreciated to make sure my ISP is not blocking the messages, thank you
Best Regards, Jim.

Gene

Why do people persist in the completely illogical practice of replying onlist to people who specifically state that they are not receiving listg mail.  Either reply off list or let those such as moderators deal with the problem.  If the person isn't receiving list mail, replying on list won't accomplish anything.  Also, the person didn't ask for verification that there messages are reaching the list.  They just asked for help in receiving list mail.

Gene

Laughing Thunder

I have received your message.

On 3/21/2016 3:33 AM, The Gamages wrote:
Hello list members,
I am not receiving messages from the groups io list, any response would
be appreciated to make sure my ISP is not blocking the messages, thank you
Best Regards, Jim.

Gene

I see that I was wrong in one point.  The original message said any response would be welcome to see if the ISP is blocking messages.  But again, if the person is not getting list mail, what sense does it make to respond on list?

Sent: Monday, March 21, 2016 6:03 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] test please read

I have received your message.

On 3/21/2016 3:33 AM, The Gamages wrote:
> Hello list members,
> I am not receiving messages from the groups io list,  any response would
> be appreciated to  make sure my ISP is not blocking the messages, thank you
> Best Regards, Jim.

Patrick Le Baudour

Hi,

I would guess he wants to be pretty sure at least a message has been sent, and he might not be sure with his own mail as some mailing lists don't send back your own messages.
I'd assume it'd be best to check the archives to see what was sent and when, but he might not know avout thet, have difficulties with the website, not thought of it, etc.

-- Patrick.

Le 21/03/2016 12:09, Gene a écrit :
I see that I was wrong in one point. The original message said any
response would be welcome to see if the ISP is blocking messages. But
again, if the person is not getting list mail, what sense does it make
to respond on list?

The original message specifically said that he was not receiving list mail.  If that statement is accurate, then no amount of replies on list would reach him.  If someone wants to tell the person that his message reached the list, replying off list would be the logical thing to do.

I'm simply pointing out that when someone specifically says that they are not receiving list mail, the logical way to respond is to reply off list tlo the person.

Sent: Monday, March 21, 2016 6:47 AM

Hi,

I would guess he wants to be pretty sure at least a message has been
sent, and he might not be sure with his own mail as some mailing lists
don't send back your own messages.
I'd assume it'd be best to check the archives to see what was sent and
when, but he might not know avout thet, have difficulties with the
website, not thought of it, etc.

-- Patrick.
Le 21/03/2016 12:09, Gene a écrit :
> I see that I was wrong in one point.  The original message said any
> response would be welcome to see if the ISP is blocking messages.  But
> again, if the person is not getting list mail, what sense does it make
> to respond on list?
> Gene

The Gamages

Hello list members,
My thanks to all those who responded to my test message, I am now receiving mail from the groups io list, it was just a misunderstanding on my part about incoming messages and their origin, just being a bit thick really.

Best Regards, Jim.

Sent: Monday, March 21, 2016 9:04 AM

Got it, Jim!
Robert Mendoza
On 3/21/2016 4:33 PM, The Gamages wrote:
Hello list members,
I am not receiving messages from the groups io list,  any response would be appreciated to  make sure my ISP is not blocking the messages, thank you
Best Regards, Jim.

Gene

I just saw the message where the person says he/she is now receiving list mail.  In this case, I evidently was wrong and the person did see the messages answering the original on list.  I still think, in general, it is illogical to answer on list when someone states that they are not receiving list mail.

Gene

Sent: Monday, March 21, 2016 6:47 AM

Hi,

I would guess he wants to be pretty sure at least a message has been
sent, and he might not be sure with his own mail as some mailing lists
don't send back your own messages.
I'd assume it'd be best to check the archives to see what was sent and
when, but he might not know avout thet, have difficulties with the
website, not thought of it, etc.

-- Patrick.
Le 21/03/2016 12:09, Gene a écrit :
> I see that I was wrong in one point.  The original message said any
> response would be welcome to see if the ISP is blocking messages.  But
> again, if the person is not getting list mail, what sense does it make
> to respond on list?
> Gene

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, Jim,

I received your message with no problem.

Rosemarie

On 3/21/2016 1:33 AM, The Gamages wrote:
Hello list members,
I am not receiving messages from the groups io list,  any response would be appreciated to  make sure my ISP is not blocking the messages, thank you
Best Regards, Jim.

Alexander Masic

Why did people on the mailinglist always must try by sending stestmail. I'M so tired of them. You get an confirmationsmail and se others p persons post. so why did people. nead to send this stuped testmail! In my opinion Admin should forbid this beaviur.
Because it is not neaded to send this.

Den 2016-03-21 kl. 16:07, skrev Rosemarie Chavarria:

Hi, Jim,

I received your message with no problem.

Rosemarie

On 3/21/2016 1:33 AM, The Gamages wrote:
Hello list members,
I am not receiving messages from the groups io list,  any response would be appreciated to  make sure my ISP is not blocking the messages, thank you
Best Regards, Jim.

mattias <mj@...>

exactly
and this is not the first testmail i see

Den 2016-03-21 kl. 16:15, skrev Alexander Masic:

Why did people on the mailinglist always must try by sending stestmail. I'M so tired of them. You get an confirmationsmail and se others p persons post. so why did people. nead to send this stuped testmail! In my opinion Admin should forbid this beaviur.
Because it is not neaded to send this.

Den 2016-03-21 kl. 16:07, skrev Rosemarie Chavarria:
Hi, Jim,

I received your message with no problem.

Rosemarie

On 3/21/2016 1:33 AM, The Gamages wrote:
Hello list members,
I am not receiving messages from the groups io list,  any response would be appreciated to  make sure my ISP is not blocking the messages, thank you
Best Regards, Jim.

Rosemarie Chavarria

If you're so tired of reading test messages, then just hit thedelete key. Don't make a mountain out of a molehill. Jim just wanted to make sure his messages were coming through so knock it off!